Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 21:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Problem Statement of Default Address Selection in Multi-prefix Environment: Operational Issues of RFC3484 Default Rules
	Author(s)       : A. Matsumoto, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-04-21

One physical link can carry multiple subnets.  Moreover, we can use
multiple physical networks at the same time in a host.  In that
environment, end hosts might have multiple IP addresses and be
required to use them selectively.  Without an appropriate source/
destination address selection mechanism, the host will experience
some trouble in communication.  RFC 3484 defines default source and
destination address selection algorithms, but the multi-prefix
environment considered here needs additional rules beyond those of
the default operation.  This document describes the possible problems
that end hosts could encounter in an environment with multiple
subnets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.