Subject: Re: Re: webpage for ipv6 programmers

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 10:20:01 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, Rino Nucara wrote:

> Hi,
> The last version of the slides can be reached at  https://edms.cern.ch/document/976004
> in attachment there are the corresponding exercises (exercises.zip) and other documents about IPv6 programming.
> Rino.

Hi,

this is an excellent document as far as I can discern.

Is there a wiki that might be around for 5-10 years where we might create 
a specific page for "IPv6 for programmers" and actually store documents 
(with the authors permission of course) so we know they'll be around for 
quite some time?

All the documents mentioned in reply to my initial email are good 
resources but I'd like to put them in one place so anyone asking can be 
pointed there and hopefully find information on proper programming using 
the IPv6 compatible APIs to avoid any new programs being created using the 
old v4-only APIs because of lack of information to the programmers...

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:17:21 +0100

On 9 feb 2009, at 10.20, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

>> in attachment there are the corresponding exercises (exercises.zip)  
>> and other documents about IPv6 programming.
>> Rino.
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there a wiki that might be around for 5-10 years where we might  
> create a specific page for "IPv6 for programmers" and actually store  
> documents (with the authors permission of course) so we know they'll  
> be around for quite some time?
>
> resources but I'd like to put them in one place so anyone asking can  
> be pointed there and hopefully find information on proper  
> programming using the IPv6 compatible APIs to avoid any new programs  
> being created using the old v4-only APIs because of lack of  
> information to the programmers...

There are a few Wikis that are targeting to providing operational and/ 
or generally useful IPv6 information, like http://www.civil-tongue.net/6and4/ 
  (ISOC also have a simliar page I think but I can't find the URL  
right now...:( ,but I think Mat Ford is on this list :)). Perhaps we  
could convince Lucy or ISOC to host such a Wiki. Or...we could of  
course use the V6OPS IETF Wiki come to think of it :-) I'll mail with  
Fred if we could set that up...

Best regards,

- kurtis -

---

From: Matthew Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 13:54:49 +0000

Hi,

ISOC are happy to provide resources to support this. Please use:

https://wiki.tools.isoc.org/IPv6_Deployment/IPv6_for_Software_Developers

If you create an account and let me know the account name I can enable 
write access.

Have at it!

Mat

On 9/2/09 10:17, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:
>> be pointed there and hopefully find information on proper programming
>> using the IPv6 compatible APIs to avoid any new programs being created
>> using the old v4-only APIs because of lack of information to the
>> programmers...
>
>
>
> There are a few Wikis that are targeting to providing operational and/or
> generally useful IPv6 information, like
> http://www.civil-tongue.net/6and4/ (ISOC also have a simliar page I
> think but I can't find the URL right now...:( ,but I think Mat Ford is
> on this list :)). Perhaps we could convince Lucy or ISOC to host such a
> Wiki. Or...we could of course use the V6OPS IETF Wiki come to think of
> it :-) I'll mail with Fred if we could set that up...
>
> Best regards,
>
> - kurtis -
>
>
>

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:51:14 +0100 (CET)

> Have at it!

Hi!

I have now updated a page there:

<https://wiki.tools.isoc.org/IPv6_Deployment/IPv6_for_Software_Developers/List_of_Resources_for_IPv6_Programmers>

with the links and resources posted on this list in response to my initial 
post.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please update the wiki or email me 
the resource and I'll put it in.