Subject: Re: [v6ops] [OPS-DIR] Fwd: New Version Notification fordraft-baker-v6ops-session-start-time-00

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 14:04:15 +0800

Hi,

Since draft-baker-v6ops-session-start-time-00 recommends RFC5461 and  
draft-wing-http-new-tech-00, I have some comments on draft-wing-http- 
new-tech-00.

Section 4.1

The HTTP client is configured with one value, P. A positive value

    indicates a preference for IPv6 and a negative value indicates a

    preference for IPv4.  A value of 0 indicates equal weight, which

    means the A and AAAA queries and associated connection attempts will

    be sent as quickly as possible.  The absolute value of P is the

    measure of a delay before initiating a connection attempt on the

    other address family.  There are two P values maintained:  one is

    application-wide and the other is specific per each destination

    (hostname and port).

  [snipped]

    The HTTP client starts two threads in order to minimize the user-

    noticeable delay ("dead time") during the connection attempts:

Comments are below.

1) One P per client or one P per application?

2) How would the application-wide P and the per-destination P work  
together? What if application-wide P is greater than 0 and per- 
destination P smaller than 0, and vise versa, which would take priority?

3. How about more threads, e.g. 3 or 4, try multiple IPv4 and IPv6  
addresses simultaneously (maybe I miss something)? Of course this  
might cause some problem if the number of threads is too big.

B. R.
Tina
http://tinatsou.weebly.com