Subject: [v6ops] new draft: draft-yang-v6ops-fast6-pppoe-00

From: Jason Lin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 09:43:11 +0800

Hi all,

We have submitted a new I-D:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yang-v6ops-fast6-pppoe-00.

It specifies an architecture for a broadband ISP that are transitioning to
IPv6.

Thank you for Tina's comment, next version will change "LSN" by "CGN".

We'd like to have your kind review, and comments.

Best Regards,

Jinyan Lin
2011-5-24

<<<
Internet Engineering Task Force                                  G. Yang
Internet-Draft                                                    J. Lin
Intended status: Informational                                    J. Tan
Expires: November 24, 2011                                 China Telecom
                                                            May 23, 2011

Fundamental Architecture of Services Provider's network Transitioning to
                  IPv6 (FAST6)-PPPoE Broadband Access
                    draft-yang-v6ops-fast6-pppoe-00

Abstract

   Although there have already been many transition solutions and
   technologies, it is still lack of a complete solution for large scale
   broadband ISPs based on the network architecture in the real world,
   with considering service providers' requirements and constraints.
   This document proposes a transitioning architecture, the FAST6, a
   fundamental architecture of service provider's broadband network with
   PPPoE access method that is transitioning to IPv6.  It is based on
   common broadband network architecture and providing transitioning
   solutions going through the whole transition period.

Table of Contents

   1.  Introduction . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
     1.1.  Requirements Language  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
   2.  Terminologies  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
   3.  Brief Description of ISP's Broadband Network . . . . . . . . .  5
     3.1.  Broadband Architecture . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  5
     3.2.  Network scale and model  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  6
     3.3.  ISP Requirements For IPv6 Transition . . . . . . . . . . .  7
     3.4.  Weaknesses of current transition technology  . . . . . . .  7
   4.  The FAST6 Architecture with L2 Access Network  . . . . . . . .  7
     4.1.  Distributed LSN (DLSN) Architecture  . . . . . . . . . . .  8
       4.1.1.  Architecture Description . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  8
       4.1.2.  Scenario 1: Subscribers Access Legacy IPv4 BRAS  . . . 10
       4.1.3.  Scenario 2: Subscribers Access Updated or New
               Dual-Stack BRAS  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11
       4.1.4.  Sharing Address between DLSNs  . . . . . . . . . . . . 12
     4.2.  Centralized LSN (CLSN) Architecture  . . . . . . . . . . . 12
       4.2.1.  Architecture Description . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12
       4.2.2.  Scenario 1: Subscribers Access Legacy IPv4 BRAS  . . . 14
       4.2.3.  Scenario 2: Subscribers Access Updated or New
               Dual-Stack BRAS  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15
       4.2.4.  BRAS-to-CLSN Tunnel for private IPv4 traffic . . . . . 15
     4.3.  Recommendations for PPPoE Access Broadband ISP . . . . . . 16
   5.  Conclusions  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
   6.  Acknowledgements . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
   7.  IANA Considerations  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
   8.  Security Considerations  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
   9.  References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
     9.1.  Normative References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
     9.2.  Informative References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
   Authors' Addresses . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19

-------------------------------------------

Jinyan Lin

China Telecom

Email: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>