Subject: [v6ops] New I-D about RA-Guard evasion (draft-gont-v6ops-ra-guard-evasion)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 17:46:28 -0300

Folks,

I have just published a new Internet-Draft
(draft-gont-v6ops-ra-guard-evasion-00) entitled "IPv6 Router
Advertisement Guard (RA-Guard) Evasion".

The I-D is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gont-v6ops-ra-guard-evasion-00.txt

The Abstract of the I-D is:
---- cut here ----
   The IPv6 Router Advertisement Guard (RA-Guard) mechanism is commonly
   employed to mitigate attack vectors based on forged ICMPv6 Router
   Advertisement messages.  Many existing IPv6 deployments rely on RA-
   Guard as the first line of defense against the aforementioned attack
   vectors.  This document describes possible ways in which current RA-
   Guard implementations can be circumvented, and discusses possible
   mitigations.
---- cut here ----

Note: A closely related (and just published) I-D is
draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-00, which is aimed at the 6man wg
(rather than v6ops).

Any comments on any of these I-Ds will be very welcome.

Thanks!

Best regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1