Subject: [v6ops] new draft: draft-li-v6ops-load-balancing-requirement-00.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 06:55:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new draft has been posted, at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-v6ops-load-balancing-requirement. Please take a look at it and comment.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 14:32:42 +0900

> A new draft has been posted, at
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-v6ops-load-balancing-requirement. Please
> take a look at it and comment.

fred, i am confused.  almost all the technologies [0] mentioned indeed
'force' a path.  and indeed in some cases, these paths could concentrate
packets which might otherwise be more diversely forwarded.  but that's
life in the big city.

so that leaves me only seeing that the document is about when services
have multiple and diverse servers.  so how is this different than ipv4
where, for example, we use load balancers when near servers which need
scale and use anycast when we want diversity and resiliency?

what should i have learned from this document?  clue bat, please.

randy

--

[0] - note that most of these are non-transition technologies