Subject: [v6ops] request for presentation

From: Congxiao Bao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:59:05 +0800

Hi Fred,

We would like to request a timeslot to present our draft in v6ops in the
coming ietf meeting.

Presenter : Wojciech Dec
Title of the draft:Stateless 4Via6 Address Sharing
Url:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dec-stateless-4v6/?include_text=1

Thank you very much!

Congxiao<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dec-stateless-4v6/?include_text=1>

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:06:05 -0400

On Jul 12, 2011, at 8:59 PM, Congxiao Bao wrote:

> Hi Fred,
> 
> We would like to request a timeslot to present our draft in v6ops in the coming ietf meeting.
> 
> Presenter : Wojciech Dec 
> Url: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dec-stateless-4v6/?include_text=1
> 
> Thank you very much!
> 
> Congxiao

Dumb question: Given that all drafts related to tunneling IPv4 over IPv6 are being handled in softwire, why is this not a softwire draft?

---

From: Congxiao Bao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:24:28 +0800

Hi Fred,

This draft, "Stateless 4Via6 Address Sharing" draft is trying to address a
detailed comparison of stateless dual translation and tunneling from the
operational perspective. It is not proposing any solution, neither a
translation solution nor a tunneling solution.

The original dIVI (and dIVI-PD) drafts for dual stateless tranlation
technologies will be presented at BEHAVE group and the 4rd draft for
stateless tunneling technologies will be presented in Softwire group.

Best,

Congxiao

2011/7/14 Fred Baker <[email-masked]>

> Dumb question: Given that all drafts related to tunneling IPv4 over IPv6
> are being handled in softwire, why is this not a softwire draft?
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops
>

---

From: Wojciech Dec <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:29:36 +0200

And alongside we solicit and welcome feedback from the WG on this draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dec-stateless-4v6

Abstract

   This document presents an overview of the characteristics of
   stateless 4V6 solutions, alongside a assessment of the issues
   attributes.  The impact of translated or mapped tunnel transport
   modes is also presented in the broader context of other industry
   standard reference architectures and existing deployments.

Thanks,
Woj.