Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:45:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Happy Eyeballs: Success with Dual-Stack Hosts
	Author(s)       : Dan Wing
                          Andrew Yourtchenko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-10-27

   When the IPv4 server and path is working but the IPv6 server or IPv6
   path is down, a dual-stack client application experiences significant
   connection delay compared to an IPv4-only client.  This is
   undesirable because it causes the dual-stack client to have a worse
   user experience.  This document specifies requirements for algorithms
   that reduce this delay, and provides an example algorithm.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-05.txt