Subject: [v6ops] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-04.txt

From: Arturo Servin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 22:43:23 -0200

Hi,

	We have submitted a new version of draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-04. Some
of the changes we made:

- We expanded the security section as suggested in the list. We included
the attacks and security issues that we considered more important in DC
infrastructure. Please let us know if you wanted to see more, or if some
need to be expanded.
- We added a new section "Other Operational Considerations" and we
included topics such as Addressing, Cost and Monitoring/Management. If
it want to include more topics let us know.
- We re-organized some text in the introduction to be now under a
renamed section "Architecture and Transition Stages"
- We added text suggesting how to start moving applications to IPv6
within the DC
- We added some text to explaining the motivations from moving from
Dual-stack to IPv6-only as suggested in the list
- We changed some text to improve reading as suggested by some people
off-list
- We fixed some typos
- We updated some references
- And we added a new author

	And I think that is all.

	Please let us know your comments.

Best regards
as

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-04.txt
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 13:57:43 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Arturo Servin and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6
Revision:	 04
Title:		 IPv6 Operational Guidelines for Datacenters
Creation date:	 2013-02-05
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 20
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-04.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-04
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-04

Abstract:
   This document is intended to provide operational guidelines for
   datacenter operators planning to deploy IPv6 in their
   infrastructures.  It aims to offer a reference framework for
   evaluating different products and architectures, and therefore it is
   also addressed to manufacturers and solution providers, so they can
   use it to gauge their solutions.  We believe this will translate in a
   smoother and faster IPv6 transition for datacenters of these
   infrastuctures.

   The document focuses on the DC infrastructure itself, its operation,
   and the aspects related to DC interconnection through IPv6.  It does
   not consider the particular mechanisms for making Internet services
   provided by applications hosted in the DC available through IPv6
   beyond the specific aspects related to how their deployment on the DC
   infrastructure.

   Apart from facilitating the transition to IPv6, the mechanisms
   outlined here are intended to make this transition as transparent as
   possible (if not completely transparent) to applications and services
   running on the DC infrastructure, as well as to take advantage of
   IPv6 features to simplify DC operations, internally and across the
   Internet.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: "Roque Gagliano (rogaglia)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 22:27:10 +0000

Hi Arturo,

Thanks for the update.

Without reading the document in detail, I was wondering why do you think it should be published as "Standards Track". This WG published similar documents (such as RFC 5963) as Informational.

Regards,
Roque

On Feb 6, 2013, at 1:43 AM, Arturo Servin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops

---

From: "Diego R. Lopez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 10:17:19 +0000

Hi Roque,

You are totally right. I think it is my fault from the original version, and has been propagating through the successive ones.

Be goode,

--
"Esta vez no fallaremos, Doctor Infierno"

Dr Diego R. Lopez
Telefonica I+D
http://people.tid.es/diego.lopez/

e-mail: [email-masked]
Tel:    +34 913 129 041
Mobile: +34 682 051 091
-----------------------------------------

________________________________

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra política de envío y recepción de correo electrónico en el enlace situado más abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at:
http://www.tid.es/ES/PAGINAS/disclaimer.aspx