Subject: [v6ops] new draft: draft-liu-v6ops-running-multiple-prefixes

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 05:45:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new draft has been posted, at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-v6ops-running-multiple-prefixes. Please take a look at it and comment.

---

From: Victor Kuarsingh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 08:28:39 -0400

v6ops,

I think in general is seems like a good attempt as documenting various use
cases and considerations when using multiple prefixes.  As first pass I
think there may be room for some additional citations to other documents
which address some of the points contained (which would then make this
document more useful in my opinion since it can be a potential place to
consolidate information).

Links to MIF documents may be useful here.

In section 3.1 the, the text is prescriptive in suggesting one dose not use
multiple provisioning domains (DHCP) to configure hosts
[text]
the
   administrators should avoid that multiple provisioning domains all
   directly configuring the host through DHCP, since it might cause
   confusion for the host
[/text]

I am not sure this document should suggest how to deal with it, but perhaps
point to other documents which deal with multiple addresses which provision
across multiple domains.

regards,

Victor  K

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 8:45 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> A new draft has been posted, at
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-v6ops-running-multiple-prefixes.
> Please take a look at it and comment.
> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops
>

---

From: "Liubing (Leo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 01:40:41 +0000

Hi, Victor

Thanks for your review and comments. Please see replies inline.

From: Victor Kuarsingh [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: IPv6 Ops WG; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [v6ops] new draft: draft-liu-v6ops-running-multiple-prefixes

v6ops,

I think in general is seems like a good attempt as documenting various use cases and considerations when using multiple prefixes.  As first pass I think there may be room for some additional citations to other documents which address some of the points contained (which would then make this document more useful in my opinion since it can be a potential place to consolidate information).
[Bing] I think it's a good suggestion. I'll do it in the next version.

In section 3.1 the, the text is prescriptive in suggesting one dose not use multiple provisioning domains (DHCP) to configure hosts
[text]
the
   administrators should avoid that multiple provisioning domains all
   directly configuring the host through DHCP, since it might cause
   confusion for the host
[/text]

I am not sure this document should suggest how to deal with it, but perhaps point to other documents which deal with multiple addresses which provision across multiple domains.
[Bing] I need to care about the wording, thanks. I'm not aware of documents addressing this issue, but I'll make more investigation when making the next version.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Bing

regards,

Victor  K

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 8:45 AM, <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

A new draft has been posted, at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-v6ops-running-multiple-prefixes. Please take a look at it and comment.
_______________________________________________
v6ops mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops