Subject: [v6ops] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-05.txt

From: Arturo Servin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 19:10:39 -0300

FYI

    We apply most of the changes suggested by the reviewers. There are
still a few more suggestions about Cost, Hypervisors, virtualization and
monitoring, mobility of VMs and suggestions of which devices in a DC to
move first to dual-stack.

    The authors will be contacting the reviewers offlist to clarify some
questions that we have about the suggestions and also would will use the
meeting in Berlin to discuss those changes face to face.

    If we are missing a suggestion or concern that is not about the
topics mentioned please let us know. And thanks to all for your reviews.

v6-DC authors,
as

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D Action: draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-05.txt
Date: 	Sun, 14 Jul 2013 15:00:42 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Operational Guidelines for Datacenters
	Author(s)       : Diego R. Lopez
                          Zhonghua Chen
                          Tina Tsou
                          Cathy Zhou
                          Arturo Servin
	Filename        : draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2013-07-14

Abstract:
   This document is intended to provide operational guidelines for
   datacenter operators planning to deploy IPv6 in their
   infrastructures.  It aims to offer a reference framework for
   evaluating different products and architectures, and therefore it is
   also addressed to manufacturers and solution providers, so they can
   use it to gauge their solutions.  We believe this will translate in a
   smoother and faster IPv6 transition for datacenters of these
   infrastuctures.

   The document focuses on the DC infrastructure itself, its operation,
   and the aspects related to DC interconnection through IPv6.  It does
   not consider the particular mechanisms for making Internet services
   provided by applications hosted in the DC available through IPv6
   beyond the specific aspects related to how their deployment on the
   Data Center (DC) infrastructure.

   Apart from facilitating the transition to IPv6, the mechanisms
   outlined here are intended to make this transition as transparent as
   possible (if not completely transparent) to applications and services
   running on the DC infrastructure, as well as to take advantage of
   IPv6 features to simplify DC operations, internally and across the
   Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt