Subject: [v6ops] Document Action: 'Enterprise IPv6 Deployment Guidelines' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-v6ops-enterprise-incremental-ipv6-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 09:18:02 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Enterprise IPv6 Deployment Guidelines'
  (draft-ietf-v6ops-enterprise-incremental-ipv6-06.txt) as Informational
RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Joel Jaeggli and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-enterprise-incremental-ipv6/

Technical Summary

This document summarizes a proposed framework for enterprise network
architects and administrators as they plan the introduction of IPv6
support in their environments, specifically dual stack and eventually IPv6
only.

Working Group Summary

This draft was first submitted as
draft-ietf-v6ops-enterprise-incremental-ipv6-00.txt in August 2012. The
document has been revised several times since introduced. The document
outlines considerations, both technical and logistical, that enterprise
adopters of IPv6 should consider as they advance or even begin introducing
support for IPv6 across their respective enterprises.

The draft has been discussed at length and in detail.

Document Quality

As specified in the abstract, the document is not a protocol or procedure;
the document outlines topics that enterprise adopters should consider when
planning for the adoption of IPv6. The document touches on areas that
would be typically be present when planning an IPv6 adoption project so
several are the items focus on non-technical aspects of an enterprise IPv6
deployment.

Personnel

The document shepherd is John Jason Brzozowski. The responsible AD is Joel
Jaegli.