Subject: [v6ops] Protocol Action: 'IPv4 Service Continuity Prefix' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-v6ops-clatip-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 06:29:32 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IPv4 Service Continuity Prefix'
  (draft-ietf-v6ops-clatip-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Joel Jaeggli and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-clatip/

Technical Summary

  DS-Lite, defined in RFC 6333,  directs IANA to reserve 192.0.0.0/29
  for the B4 element.  This memo directs IANA to generalize that
  reservation to include other cases where a non-routed IPv4 interface
  must be numbered as part of an IPv6 transition solution.

Working Group Summary

There was support in the working group for the draft, and little if any 
dissent.

Document Quality

This is not a protocol; it is advice to implementers of 464xlat that the
prefix set aside for use with DS-Lite may also be used by them. Per 
Lorenzo Colitti, it is implemented in the Android OS, and works.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Fred Baker 
Responsible Area Director: Joel Jaeggli