Subject: [v6ops] RFC 7381 on Enterprise IPv6 Deployment Guidelines

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7381

        Title:      Enterprise IPv6 Deployment Guidelines 
        Author:     K. Chittimaneni, T. Chown,
                    L. Howard, V. Kuarsingh,
                    Y. Pouffary, E. Vyncke
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 90299
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-enterprise-incremental-ipv6-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7381.txt

Enterprise network administrators worldwide are in various stages of
preparing for or deploying IPv6 into their networks.  The
administrators face different challenges than operators of Internet
access providers and have reasons for different priorities.  The
overall problem for many administrators will be to offer Internet-
facing services over IPv6 while continuing to support IPv4, and while
introducing IPv6 access within the enterprise IT network.  The
overall transition will take most networks from an IPv4-only
environment to a dual-stack network environment and eventually an
IPv6-only operating mode.  This document helps provide a framework
for enterprise network architects or administrators who may be faced
with many of these challenges as they consider their IPv6 support
strategies.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC