Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 06:11:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : SIIT-DC: Stateless IP/ICMP Translation for IPv6 Data Centre Environments
        Author          : Tore Anderson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-06-28

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of the Stateless IP/ICMP Translation
   (SIIT) algorithm in an IPv6 Internet Data Centre (IDC).  In this
   deployment model, traffic from legacy IPv4-only clients on the
   Internet is translated to IPv6 when reaches the IDC operator's
   network infrastructure.  From that point on, it is treated just as if
   it was traffic from any other IPv6-capable end user.  This
   facilitates a single-stack IPv6-only network infrastructure, as well
   as efficient utilisation of public IPv4 addresses.

   The primary audience is IDC operators who are deploying IPv6, running
   out of available IPv4 addresses, and/or feel that dual stack causes
   undesirable operational complexity.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/