Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 00:00:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Observations on the Dropping of Packets with IPv6 Extension Headers in the Real World
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          J. Linkova
                          Tim Chown
                          Will(Shucheng) Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2015-12-10

Abstract:
   This document presents real-world data regarding the extent to which
   packets with IPv6 extension headers are dropped in the Internet (as
   originally measured in August 2014 and later in June 2015, with
   similar results), and where in the network such dropping occurs.  The
   aforementioned results serve as a problem statement that is expected
   to trigger operational advice on the filtering of IPv6 packets
   carrying IPv6 Extension Headers, so that the situation improves over
   time.  This document also explains how the aforementioned results
   were obtained, such that the corresponding measurements can be
   reproduced by other members of the community and repeated over time
   to observe changes in the handling of packets with IPv6 extension
   headers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/