Subject: [v6ops] distributed gaming on IPv6 - any platform?

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 13:18:22 +0100

Hello,

Is there any distributed gaming platform that runs on IPv6 too?

A colleague informs me that the opensource GamingAnywhere does not 
support IPv6.

But IP is very important between the gamepad and the box.  The use of 
IPv4/USB between a pad and a box (rather than USB) allows several 
enhancements like energy efficiency, smartphone-as-gamepad, etc.

If IPv6 is considered between the pad and the box, it can become a 
significant use-case for technologies like 64share, DHCPv6-PD, and in 
general the need for multiple IPv6 addresses per device.

Is there any distributed gaming platform that runs on IPv6 too?

Alex

---

From: Owen DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 07:19:08 -0800

> On Feb 10, 2016, at 4:18 AM, Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 

World of Warcraft from Blizzard Entertainment runs on IPv6.

Owen