Subject: [v6ops] RFC 7757 on Explicit Address Mappings for Stateless IP/ICMP Translation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 19:32:17 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7757

        Title:      Explicit Address Mappings for Stateless 
                    IP/ICMP Translation 
        Author:     T. Anderson, A. Leiva Popper
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 40938
        Updates:    RFC 6145

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-eam-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7757

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7757

This document extends the Stateless IP/ICMP Translation Algorithm
(SIIT) with an Explicit Address Mapping (EAM) algorithm and formally
updates RFC 6145.  The EAM algorithm facilitates stateless IP/ICMP
translation between arbitrary (non-IPv4-translatable) IPv6 endpoints
and IPv4.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC