Subject: [v6ops] RFC 7756 on Stateless IP/ICMP Translation for IPv6 Internet Data Center Environments (SIIT-DC): Dual Translation Mode

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 19:32:02 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7756

        Title:      Stateless IP/ICMP Translation for IPv6 
                    Internet Data Center Environments (SIIT-DC): Dual 
                    Translation Mode 
        Author:     T. Anderson, S. Steffann
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 39291
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7756

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7756

This document describes an extension of the Stateless IP/ICMP
Translation for IPv6 Internet Data Center Environments (SIIT-DC)
architecture, which allows applications, protocols, or nodes that are
incompatible with IPv6 and/or Network Address Translation to operate
correctly with SIIT-DC.  This is accomplished by introducing a new
component called an SIIT-DC Edge Relay, which reverses the
translations made by an SIIT-DC Border Relay.  The application and/or
node is thus provided with seemingly native IPv4 connectivity that
provides end-to-end address transparency.

The reader is expected to be familiar with the SIIT-DC architecture
described in RFC 7755.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC