Subject: [v6ops] BCP 202, RFC 7772 on Reducing Energy Consumption of Router Advertisements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:12:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 202        
        RFC 7772

        Title:      Reducing Energy Consumption of Router 
                    Advertisements 
        Author:     A. Yourtchenko,
                    L. Colitti
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12555
        See Also:   BCP 202

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-reducing-ra-energy-consumption-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7772

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7772

Frequent Router Advertisement messages can severely impact host power
consumption.  This document recommends operational practices to avoid
such impact.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC