Subject: [v6ops] "Further Mitigating Router ND Cache Exhaustion DoS Attacks Using Solicited-Node Group Membership" -03 version

From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 15:58:05 +1100

Hi,

New version with some additions based on Ray Hunter's feedback. Review
and comments much appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Mark.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 February 2016 at 15:54
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-smith-v6ops-mitigate-rtr-dos-mld-slctd-node-02.txt
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-smith-v6ops-mitigate-rtr-dos-mld-slctd-node-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Mark Smith and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-smith-v6ops-mitigate-rtr-dos-mld-slctd-node
Revision:       02
Title:          Further Mitigating Router ND Cache Exhaustion DoS
Attacks Using Solicited-Node Group Membership
Document date:  2016-02-27
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          12
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-smith-v6ops-mitigate-rtr-dos-mld-slctd-node-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-smith-v6ops-mitigate-rtr-dos-mld-slctd-node/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-smith-v6ops-mitigate-rtr-dos-mld-slctd-node-02
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-smith-v6ops-mitigate-rtr-dos-mld-slctd-node-02

Abstract:
   For each of their IPv6 unicast or anycast addresses, nodes join a
   Solicited-Node multicast group, formed using the lower 24 bits of the
   address.  This Solicited-Node group membership could be used by
   routers to further mitigate a Neighbor Discovery cache Denial of
   Service attack.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat