Subject: [v6ops] Suresh Krishnan's Yes on draft-ietf-v6ops-host-addr-availability-06: (with COMMENT)

From: "Suresh Krishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 20:14:15 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-v6ops-host-addr-availability-06: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-host-addr-availability/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 3:

* What is the term ePDG being used here? Can you please add a reference?
The well known term in mobile networks is Evolved Packet Data Gateway
that is used for IPsec tunnel termination. That does not seem to make
sense here.

* Maybe worth adding a reference to RFC7278 (64share) here as an example
for "Extending the network (e.g., "tethering")."

s/which is only available in 3GPP release 10/which is only available in
3GPP release 10 onwards/

Section 4:

It is not clear what this bullet means. Can you clarify?

"  o  Uncertainty, because it is not known in advance if a particular
      operation function will be available."

---

From: Lorenzo Colitti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 13:04:08 +0900

Suresh,

thanks for the comments. We've addressed them in -07.

> that is used for IPsec tunnel termination. That does not seem to make

Good catch. Clarified to:

      particularly for
      technologies like I-WLAN [TS.24327] where the two processors share
      the Wi-Fi network connection.

Better?

> for "Extending the network (e.g., "tethering")."

We do cite RFC7278 elsewhere. Not sure a reference is needed here, since
it's not the only way of doing tethering.

> s/which is only available in 3GPP release 10/which is only available in

Done.

>       operation function will be available."

Clarified to "Uncertainty, because it is not known if a particular
operation function will be available until the provisioning operation
succeeds or fails."

Regards,
Lorenzo

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 03:51:32 +0000

Hi Lorenzo,
  The changes look good. Thanks for taking care of these issues.

Regards
Suresh

On 05/26/2016 12:04 AM, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:
> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Suresh Krishnan
> <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
> We do cite RFC7278 elsewhere. Not sure a reference is needed here, since it's
> not the only way of doing tethering.
>  
> 
> Clarified to "Uncertainty, because it is not known if a particular operation
> function will be available until the provisioning operation succeeds or fails."