Subject: [v6ops] BCP 204, RFC 7934 on Host Address Availability Recommendations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 05:17:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 204        
        RFC 7934

        Title:      Host Address Availability Recommendations 
        Author:     L. Colitti,
                    V. Cerf,
                    S. Cheshire,
                    D. Schinazi
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 37124
        See Also:   BCP 204

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-host-addr-availability-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7934

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7934

This document recommends that networks provide general-purpose end
hosts with multiple global IPv6 addresses when they attach, and it
describes the benefits of and the options for doing so.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC