Subject: [v6ops] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6555 (4728)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 02:07:14 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6555,
"Happy Eyeballs: Success with Dual-Stack Hosts".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6555&eid=4728

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Stefan Winter <[email-masked]>

Section: 1

Original Text
-------------
However, this does not scale well (to the number of DNS servers
worldwide or the number of content providers worldwide) and does
react to intermittent network path outages.

Corrected Text
--------------
However, this does not scale well (to the number of DNS servers
worldwide or the number of content providers worldwide) and does
not react to intermittent network path outages.

Notes
-----
The introduction makes a case against a whitelist of DNS servers because it does not scale well and is not flexible.
DNS server whitelists indeed to not react to intermittent network outages, so the only logical sentence to form is to state that they do not.
The "not" has been omitted, reversing the logical meaning of the sentence.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6555 (draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Happy Eyeballs: Success with Dual-Stack Hosts
Publication Date    : April 2012
Author(s)           : D. Wing, A. Yourtchenko
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : IPv6 Operations
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG