Subject: Re: [v6ops] draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost a working group draft?

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 00:49:14 +0000

See below for the draft submission announcement for  a new version of this
document. The major change was the addition of the following new section:

+++
10.  Prefix Delegation Services

   Selection of prefix delegation services must be considered according
   to specific use cases.  An example service is that offered by DHCPv6
   [RFC3633].  An alternative service based on IPv6 ND messaging has
   also been proposed [I-D.pioxfolks-6man-pio-exclusive-bit].

   Other, non-router, mechanisms may exist, such as proprietary IPAMs,
   [I-D.ietf-anima-prefix-management] and
   [I-D.sun-casm-address-pool-management-yang].
+++

Please review and post comments to the list.

Thanks - Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2018 8:09 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-19.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Prefix Delegation Models
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-19.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2018-03-02

Abstract:
   IPv6 prefixes are typically delegated to requesting routers which
   assign them to their downstream-attached links and networks.  This
   document considers prefix delegation models according to whether the
   requesting router acts as a router on behalf of any downstream
   networks, as a host on behalf of its local applications or as both.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-19
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-19

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-19

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt