Subject: [v6ops] Document Action: 'Using Conditional Router Advertisements for Enterprise Multihoming' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:32:36 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using Conditional Router Advertisements for Enterprise Multihoming'
  (draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Ignas Bagdonas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras/

Technical Summary

   This document describes using IPv6's RA capabilities to enable
   simple multihoming for networks connected to two or more
   upstream Internet Service Providers (ISPs). This document
   describes tying the advertisement of available address space 
   through the RA to hosts in a network in response to the 
   availability of upstream connectivity, including sample policies.

Working Group Summary

   The v6ops working group discussed this draft extensively, and 
   the authors made several changes to account for working group 
   input. The document did not raise any controversy; the authors 
   addressed all the comments quickly.

Document Quality

   The overall quality of the document is good; the writing style is easily readable, and the explanations are clear.

Personnel

   Russ White is the shepherd.
   Warren Kumari is RAD!