Subject: [v6ops] FW: [Rift] NomCom 2018: Call for nominations

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 14:22:26 -0700

FYI

Cheers,
Fred

On 8/16/18, 10:07, "ietf on behalf of NomCom Chair 2018" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

   The 2018-19 Nominating Committee (NomCom) is seeking nominations from now
   until September 30, 2018. The open positions being considered by this year's
   NomCom can be found at the end of this email and also on this year's NomCom
   website:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/

   Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of the
   NomCom 2018 home page, or by visiting the following URL:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/nominate/

   Note:  Nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org datatracker
   account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account if you don't have one
   already by visiting the following URL:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/

   If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made by
   email to nomcom-18 at ietf dot org. If using email, please include the word
   "Nominate" in the Subject and indicate in the email who is being nominated,
   their email address (to confirm acceptance of the nomination), and the
   position for which you are making the nomination. If you are nominating
   someone other than yourself, please tell us if we may tell the nominee that
   you were the one who made the nomination. If you wish to nominate someone via
   email for more than one position, please use separate emails to do so.

   Self-nomination is welcome!

   Willing nominees will be asked to fill out a questionnaire specific to the
   position for which they are nominated. The questionnaires will be available
   on August 31, 2018 and have a submission deadline of October 5, 2018.

   NomCom 2018-19 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
   Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 7437. As stated in RFC 7437: "The list of
   nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the current
   NomCom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for each position will be
   listed in a publicly accessible way, e.g., anyone with a datatracker account
   may access the lists. Additionally, the nomination form asks if we may share
   your own name with the nominee. In all other ways, the confidentiality
   requirements of BCP 10 remain in effect. All feedback and all NomCom
   deliberations will remain confidential and will not be disclosed.

   There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the NomCom to
   tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination. This defaults
   to “no” - so if you don't mark the field we won’t tell.

   In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about each
   of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the NomCom on or
   before September 30, 2018.

   Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of your
   nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for management permission, as
   it is easier to decline the nomination than put one in late.

   The NomCom appoints individuals to fill the IETF Chair (IESG General AD) and
   the open slots on the IAB and the IESG. The IAOC position is not being filled
   this year, and the call for nominations related to the IETF LLC will be
   coming in the next few weeks. The list of people and posts whose terms end
   with the March 2019 IETF meeting, and thus the positions for which this
   NomCom is responsible, follows:

   IAB
      - Jari Arkko
      - Gabriel Montenegro
      - Mark Nottingham
      - Robert Sparks
      - Jeff Tantsura
      - Suzanne Woolf

   IESG Chair
      - Alissa Cooper, GEN (IETF Chair)

   IESG
      - Ben Campbell, ART
      - Terry Manderson, INT *
      - Warren Kumari, OPS
      - Deborah Brungard, RTG
      - Alvaro Retana, RTG
      - Eric Rescorla, SEC
      - Spencer Dawkins, TSV *

   *- have indicated that they do not intend to accept a renomination. This
   information is always up to date on https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/

   Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these positions,
   as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for the IETF, and
   also, please consider accepting a nomination. You'll find extensive
   information about specific positions, developed by the IAB and IESG under
   individual tabs at:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/requirements/

   In addition to nominations, the NomCom seeks community input on the positions
   themselves. We need and welcome the community's views and input on the jobs
   within each organization. If you have ideas on the positions'
   responsibilities (more, less, different), please let us know.

   Please send suggestions and feedback about this to nomcom-18 at ietf dot org.

   Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees!

   regards,
   -scott.

   Scott Mansfield
   scott dot mansfield at ericsson dot com
   nomcom-chair-2018 at ietf dot org