Subject: [v6ops] Happyeyeballs timer

From: Davey Song(宋林健) <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 00:34:00 +0800

Hi folks, 

I’m writing to ask the state-of-art or best-practice happyeyeballs timer
implementation. It’s appreciated if anyone can give me some pointers.

I do know that Google chrome used 300ms in 2011. And Apple in 2015 updated
the first timer of 25ms for waiting AAAA record and second timer based on
TCP RTT. But I’m not sure they are still the hold the same?  What’s the HE
timer for  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opera_(web_browser)> Opera,
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox> Firefox and
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CURL> cURL AFAIK from HE WIKI.

Best regards,

Davey

---

From: Davey Song(宋林健) <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 00:55:19 +0800

I found it is recommended a 50 ms for Resolution Delay and around 250 ms for
Connection Attempt Delay in new Happyeyeballs specification (RFC8305).  Is
it widely accepted in most OS and web browsers? 

Thanks,

Davey

发件人: Davey Song(宋林健) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2018年8月23日 0:34
收件人: [email-masked]'
主题: Happyeyeballs timer

Hi folks, 

Best regards,

Davey