Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 16:02:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Conditional Router Advertisements for Enterprise Multihoming
        Authors         : Jen Linkova
                          Massimiliano Stucchi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-08.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-08-21

Abstract:
   This document discusses the most common scenarios of connecting an
   enterprise network to multiple ISPs using an address space assigned
   by an ISP and how the approach proposed in the "ietf-rtgwg-
   enterprise-pa-multihoming" draft could be applied in those scenarios.
   The problem of enterprise multihoming without address translation of
   any form has not been solved yet as it requires both the network to
   select the correct egress ISP based on the packet source address and
   hosts to select the correct source address based on the desired
   egress ISP for that traffic.  The "ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-
   multihoming" document proposes a solution to this problem by
   introducing a new routing functionality (Source Address Dependent
   Routing) to solve the uplink selection issue and using Router
   Advertisements to influence the host source address selection.  While
   the above-mentioned document focuses on solving the general problem
   and on covering various complex use cases, this document adopts the
   approach proposed in the "ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming" draft
   to provide a solution for a limited number of common use cases.  In
   particular, the focus is on scenarios where an enterprise network has
   two Internet uplinks used either in primary/backup mode or
   simultaneously and hosts in that network might not yet properly
   support multihoming as described in RFC8028.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/