Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 02:27:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers to Support IPv4 Connectivity as-a-Service
        Authors         : Jordi Palet Martinez
                          Hans M.-H. Liu
                          Masanobu Kawashima
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-15.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2019-01-28

Abstract:
   This document specifies the IPv4 service continuity requirements for
   an IPv6 Customer Edge (CE) router, either provided by the service
   provider or by vendors who sell through the retail market.

   Specifically, this document extends the "Basic Requirements for IPv6
   Customer Edge Routers" (RFC7084) in order to allow the provisioning
   of IPv6 transition services for the support of "IPv4 as-a-Service"
   (IPv4aaS) by means of new transition mechanisms.  The document only
   covers transition technologies for delivering IPv4 in IPv6-only
   access networks, commonly called "IPv4 as-a-Service" (IPv4aaS).  This
   is necessary because there aren't sufficient IPv4 addresses available
   for every possible customer/device.  However, devices or applications
   in the customer LANs (Local Area Networks) may be IPv4-only or
   IPv6-only and still need to communicate with IPv4-only services at
   the Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-15
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/