Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 03:56:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers to Support IPv4 Connectivity as-a-Service
        Authors         : Jordi Palet Martinez
                          Hans M.-H. Liu
                          Masanobu Kawashima
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-13.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2019-01-10

Abstract:
   This document specifies the IPv4 service continuity requirements for
   an IPv6 Customer Edge (CE) router, either provided by the service
   provider or by vendors who sell through the retail market.

   Specifically, this document extends the "Basic Requirements for IPv6
   Customer Edge Routers" (RFC7084) in order to allow the provisioning
   of IPv6 transition services for the support of "IPv4 as-a-Service"
   (IPv4aaS) by means of new transition mechanisms.  The document only
   covers transition technologies for delivering IPv4 in IPv6-only
   access networks, commonly called "IPv4 as-a-Service" (IPv4aaS).  This
   is necessary because there aren't sufficient IPv4 addresses available
   for every possible customer/device.  However, devices or applications
   in the customer LANs (Local Area Networks) may be IPv4-only or
   IPv6-only and still need to communicate with IPv4-only services at
   the Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 13:02:16 +0100

Hi all,

This version includes the agreed changes from the security-area review and a few other editorial changes/clarifications from the other area reviews, as well as comments from the IESG review.

Pending issue is the Suresh discuss, as didn't heard back from him.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: v6ops <[email-masked]> en nombre de <[email-masked]>
Responder a: <[email-masked]>
Fecha: jueves, 10 de enero de 2019, 12:56
Para: <[email-masked]>
CC: <[email-masked]>
Asunto: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-13.txt

    
    Abstract:

    

    
    
    _______________________________________________
    v6ops mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops

**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.