Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 11:32:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Improving the Reaction of Customer Edge Routers to Renumbering Events
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Jan Zorz
                          Richard Patterson
                          Bernie Volz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-05-18

Abstract:
   In scenarios where network configuration information becomes invalid
   without any explicit signaling of that condition (such as when a
   Customer Edge Router crashes and reboots without knowledge of the
   previously-employed configuration information), hosts on the local
   network will continue using stale network configuration information
   for an unacceptably long period of time, thus resulting in
   connectivity problems.  This document specifies improvements to
   Customer Edge Routers that help mitigate the aforementioned problem
   for typical residential and small office scenarios.  This document
   updates RFC7084.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/