Subject: [v6ops] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-shytyi-v6ops-danir-05.txt

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 16:17:12 +0200

Hi, v6opsers,

We updated the draft draft-shytyi-v6ops-danir to its 5th version.

The newly inserted text is brief, but it points to an improved kernel 
implementation, available on github

https://github.com/dmytroshytyi/KD6-DHCPv6-PD-DANIRv2

This implementation executes a DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation procedure in the 
kernel of a linux IoT router.  It is an essential procedure for a 
connection of a (potentially automated) automobile connected natively on 
IPv6 on a cellular network.

Before I manage to find a linux ressource, in this day and age of 
confinement, I would like to ask whether a person could test that code 
in linux and tell, at least, whether the execution does not cause a 
segmentation fault.

Alex, and Dmytro

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : 	New Version Notification for draft-shytyi-v6ops-danir-05.txt
Date : 	Wed, 20 May 2020 03:39:46 -0700
De : 	[email-masked]
Pour : 	Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>, Dmytro Shytyi 
<[email-masked]>, Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-shytyi-v6ops-danir-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Dmytro Shytyi and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-shytyi-v6ops-danir
Revision: 05
Title: DHCPv6_PD, PDP and NDP Implementation in IoT Router (DANIR)
Document date: 2020-05-20
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 19
URL: https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shytyi-v6ops-danir-05.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shytyi-v6ops-danir/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shytyi-v6ops-danir-05
Htmlized: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-shytyi-v6ops-danir
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shytyi-v6ops-danir-05

Abstract:
This document provides a description of the implementation of Dynamic
Host Configuration Protocol version 6 Prefix Delegation, Neighbour
Discovery Protocol and of the use of the Packet Data Protocol in an
Internet of Things Router. This Internet of Things Router is
connected on a cellular network; it is a DHCPv6-PD Client and it
requests a /56 pool of prefixes from the server; the DHCPv6-PD server
is placed in the PGW and is a part of the cellular infrastructure.
After the pool of prefixes is delegated, the Internet of Things
Router derives sub-prefixes from the prefix pool; each one of these
sub-prefixes is aimed at one ingress interface.

After the Internet of Things Router finishes the network prefix
assignment procedure, it advertises the network prefixes on the
ingress links by using the Neighbour Discovery protocol. Finally,
when Hosts receive the sub-prefixes via Router Adverticement
messages, they configure the Global Unique Address with the Stateless
Address Auto-configuration protocol.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat