Subject: [v6ops] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-02.txt

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 15:35:50 -0300

Folks,

We have posted a revision of draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum. It is 
available at: 
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-02.txt

Our apologies for the delay in posting this rev. We took the time to 
apply WGLC comments in the best possible way, and have tried to iterate 
with folks that had sent specific comments to try to double-check that 
the resulting text addressed their comments (thanks to all that got 
involved in multiple off-list review iterations!).

This version is meant to address WGLC comments. Of the top of my head, 
the main changes are:

* We have spelled out requirements as L-<n>, following the numbering
   sequence from RFC7084.

* The draft updates RFC7084.

* We have incorporated text to deprecate stale prefixes for the DHCPv6
   case (if DHCPv6 is provided on the LAN side).

* We have incorporated the proposed text that I had posted on-list and
   that was reviewed on list.

* We have incorporated the recommendation for setting prefix lifetimes
   and other options lifetimes (e.g. SLAAC RIOs) as discussed both on-
   list and off-list.

* We have re-odered the text in each section, such that requirements are
   at the top of the section, and the rationale is always at the end.
   (in previous versions it was a bit intermixed, and made it harder to
   tell requirements from rationale).

Your feedback is welcome, as always.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-02.txt
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 11:32:53 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Richard Patterson 
<[email-masked]>, Jan Zorz <[email-masked]>, Bernie Volz 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum
Revision:	02
Title:		Improving the Reaction of Customer Edge Routers to Renumbering 
Events
Document date:	2020-05-18
Group:		v6ops
Pages:		10
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-02.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-02
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-02

Abstract:
    In scenarios where network configuration information becomes invalid
    without any explicit signaling of that condition (such as when a
    Customer Edge Router crashes and reboots without knowledge of the
    previously-employed configuration information), hosts on the local
    network will continue using stale network configuration information
    for an unacceptably long period of time, thus resulting in
    connectivity problems.  This document specifies improvements to
    Customer Edge Routers that help mitigate the aforementioned problem
    for typical residential and small office scenarios.  This document
    updates RFC7084.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat