Subject: [v6ops] IPv6-only and gather.town for meeting at IETF

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 22:17:29 +0200

Gather.town is a game-like tool for virtually attending the IETF

https://gather.town/z6N2SDxHebMdDAfo/IETF-108

IPv6-only access is when I use only IPv6 on my Windows 10. (right button 
on RJ45 symbol on lower right icon bar on Windows, then Ethernet, then 
modify adapter options, then select the Ethernet interface, then 
Properties, then un-check IPv4 and check IPv6).

With this on, when I walk on the floor of IETF and meet some people it 
is impossible to 'Connect' - it shows "Connecting..." and it blocks 
there.  But it works fine when on IPv4.

Maybe this gather.town Connecting to others works for other people on 
IPv6-only.

Alex

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 11:15:14 +0200

Microsoft Teams, a tool for online collaboration, works fine on IPv4.

When tried on IPv6-only computer (IPv4 stack turned off) the initial 
phases of connection works, but connecting to a videoconference does not 
work.

Alex

Le 20/07/2020 à 22:17, Alexandre Petrescu a écrit :
> IPv6-only access is when I use only IPv6 on my Windows 10. (right 
> button on RJ45 symbol on lower right icon bar on Windows, then 
> Ethernet, then modify adapter options, then select the Ethernet 
> interface, then Properties, then un-check IPv4 and check IPv6).
>
> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 12:49:08 +0200

www.webex.com is brwsable from an IPv6-only computer (IPv4 stack turned off)

but when clicking on an URL of a telco (URL starts with an fqdn 
skku-ict.webex.com) the connection does not work.

Alex

Le 24/07/2020 à 11:15, Alexandre Petrescu a écrit :
> phases of connection works, but connecting to a videoconference does 
> not work.
>
> Alex
>
>> With this on, when I walk on the floor of IETF and meet some people 
>> it is impossible to 'Connect' - it shows "Connecting..." and it 
>> blocks there.  But it works fine when on IPv4.
>>

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 16:54:32 +0200

During the hackathon with the help of a colleague

I found that NTP on Windows 10 IPv6-only client (IPv4 stack turned off) 
works so and so.

There are two pre-configured NTP servers on Windows 10: time.nist.gov 
and time.windows.com.  Only the former works.  It's not possible to add 
another NTP server in the GUI.

Alex

Le 24/07/2020 à 12:49, Alexandre Petrescu a écrit :
>>> Maybe this gather.town Connecting to others works for other people 
>>> on IPv6-only.
>>>
>>> Alex
>>>

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 17:34:01 +0200

Le 24/07/2020 à 16:54, Alexandre Petrescu a écrit :
> I found that NTP on Windows 10 IPv6-only client (IPv4 stack turned 
> off) works so and so.
>
> and time.windows.com.  Only the former works.  It's not possible to 
> add another NTP server in the GUI.
>

sorry, to correct myself, and I will stop on this NTP IPv6 topic.

It is possible on Windows GUI to add another NTP server.  IT is  very 
straightforward.  I added 0.europe.pool.ntp.org, but it did not sync 
when queried from an IPv6-only client.

Somebody provided me a list of servers to try but the chat was 
disconnected so I lost the log.

Alex