Subject: [v6ops] IPv6 in Africa

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 10:25:32 -0700

Hello:

This is an observation that I noted this morning. Among African nations, for quite a while I have observed only Zimbabwe (which has a documented IPv6 strategy) having IPv6 traffic reported by Google at more than 5% of the requests sent to Google. This morning there were seven countries that had crossed that boundary.

https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/compare.php?metric=p&countries=re,ga,tg,ke,zw,cg,yt

Google Statistics:
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&country=re
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&country=zw
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&country=ga
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&country=tg
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&country=ke
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&country=cg

APNIC statistics:
https://stats.labs.apnic.net/ipv6/CC?x=1&s=1&p=1&w=30&c=RE
https://stats.labs.apnic.net/ipv6/CC?x=1&s=1&p=1&w=30&c=GA
https://stats.labs.apnic.net/ipv6/CC?x=1&s=1&p=1&w=30&c=TG
https://stats.labs.apnic.net/ipv6/CC?x=1&s=1&p=1&w=30&c=KE
https://stats.labs.apnic.net/ipv6/CC?x=1&s=1&p=1&w=30&c=ZW
https://stats.labs.apnic.net/ipv6/CC?x=1&s=1&p=1&w=30&c=YT
https://stats.labs.apnic.net/ipv6/CC?x=1&s=1&p=1&w=30&c=CG