Subject: [v6ops] IETF 111 Agenda

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 22:11:49 -0700

I posted our preliminary agenda at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/agenda-111-v6ops/. IT is still open to discussion; if you would like to see another posted internet draft that has been discussed on the list, please let us know.

---

From: Gábor LENCSE <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 09:37:17 +0200

Dear Fred,

If there will be enough time, I would be happy to present the planned 
method for testing the scalability of the stateful IPv6 transition 
technologies (464XLAT, DS-Lite). My aim is to ask for help regarding the 
typical parameters to be used from those, who really operate such 
systems and thus know the realistic ranges of the parameters. It is 
related to our draft 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-comparison 
, the WGLC of which was held back so that we can address the issue of 
scalability mentioned in Section 4.2 as:

    Stateful technologies, 464XLAT and DS-Lite (and also NAT444) can
    therefore be much more efficient in terms of port allocation and thus
    public IP address saving.  The price is the stateful operation in the
    service provider network, which allegedly does not scale up well.  It
    should be noticed that in many cases, all those factors may depend on
    how it is actually implemented.

    XXX MEASUREMENTS ARE PLANNED TO TEST IF THE ABOVE IS TRUE.  XXX

It could be a 15 minutes presentation about the measurement method and 
its parameters followed by a 10 minutes discussion.

Is it feasible?

Best regards,

Gábor

2021.06.30. 7:11 keltezéssel, Fred Baker írta:
> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops