Subject: [v6ops] Scalability measurement results of the Jool stateful NAT64 solution -- Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-01.txt

From: Dr. Lencse Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 14:27:41 +0100

Dear All,

I have just uploaded the updated version of my I-D with the scalability 
measurement results of the Jool stateful NAT64 implementation.
Jool scaled up much less well than iptables. Please see the new results 
in Section 3 of the draft: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-01#section-3

Any comments, recommendations, questions, etc. are welcome!

Best regards,

Gábor

-------- Továbbított üzenet --------
Tárgy: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-01.txt
Dátum: 	Mon, 21 Feb 2022 05:13:54 -0800
Feladó: 	[email-masked]
Címzett: 	Gabor Lencse <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Gabor Lencse and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability
Revision: 01
Title: Scalability of IPv6 Transition Technologies for IPv4aaS
Document date: 2022-02-21
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 12
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-01.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability/
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-01

Abstract:
Several IPv6 transition technologies have been developed to provide
customers with IPv4-as-a-Service (IPv4aaS) for ISPs with an IPv6-only
access and/or core network. All these technologies have their
advantages and disadvantages, and depending on existing topology,
skills, strategy and other preferences, one of these technologies may
be the most appropriate solution for a network operator.

This document examines the scalability of the five most prominent
IPv4aaS technologies (464XLAT, Dual Stack Lite, Lightweight 4over6,
MAP-E, MAP-T) considering two aspects: (1) how their performance
scales up with the number of CPU cores, (2) how their performance
degrades, when the number of concurrent sessions is increased until
hardware limit is reached.

The IETF Secretariat