Subject: [v6tc] v6tc Protocol Exploration

From: Florent Parent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:05:36 -0500

This draft was submitted today to the ID. I'm attaching it to this message 
to allow everyone to read it now and startup some discussion on the list.

Abstract:
This document aims to provide a rough sketch on different approaches to 
meet the zeroconf/assisted tunneling requirements for a simple IPv6-in-IPv4 
tunnel set-up mechanism.

This will hopefully set the list into motion ;-)

Florent

_______________________________________________
v6tc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6tc

---

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:39:25 -0800

Thank you Florent for sending this, it will help framing the next 
discussion.
Back to a message I sent a while ago, some of the key issues we need to 
discuss are:

Issue 1:
	- Could we live with UDP encapsulation always on?

Issue 2:
	- Do we need mutual authentication? How strong should this be?

Issue 3:
	  Should some of this authentication mechanism "follow-on" atfer the 
tunnel set-up phase
	  as finished?

Issue 4:
	- Should we embed some kind of signaling in the tunnel?

I will start email threads for each one of them. Please fell free to 
add other issues to this list.

ps: I'll ask our ADs to be if we can use some of the issue tracker 
tools to help here.

	- Alain.