Subject: [v6tc] I-D ACTION:draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-03.txt (fwd)

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:33:31 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

The analysis/conclusions document on tunnel end-point discovery has 
been re-focused and summarized to try to capture the critical 
discussions better.

It would be extremely useful if folks, especially those ones which 
have not participated in the discussions before, would take a look and 
send comments on the list.  The document should reflect most of the 
discussion on discovery that have taken place both on- and off-list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:39:12 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

 	Title		: Analysis of IPv6 Tunnel End-point Discovery Mechanisms
 	Author(s)	: J. Palet, et al.
 	Filename	: draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-03.txt
 	Pages		: 17
 	Date		: 2005-1-24

To be able to automate setting up IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnels, it is
    important to be able to automatically determine the tunnel end-point
    for the tunneling mechanism.  This memo presents a short analysis and
    conclusions on the different approaches for discovering the IPv6
    tunnel endpoint on a node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
 	"get draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
 	[email-masked].
In the body type:
 	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-03.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
 	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
 	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
 	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
 	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
 	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
 	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
 	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
 	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
v6tc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6tc