Subject: [VCARDDAV] vcarddav IETF80 Prague meeting

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 00:45:44 +0200

Hello,
  in preparation of our meeting on friday April 1st, 2011, IETF80, 
Prague, Hilton room Karlin 1, 13h00-14h00:

1) all the presentations for the meeting have been posted. See: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/80/materials.html

2) the last item of the agenda is to talk about recharter. The 
discussion needs to happen about the wg status, including evaluating the 
sense of energy to continue working on additional topics. In the context 
of positive evaluation and concensus, then the first-cut-prototype 
charter for your review/discussion/thinking is below. Nothing cut in 
stone. FYI, our AD saw it and did not jump off his seat (but I added few 
sentences since then) ;-)

<proposed_first_cut_vcarddav_charter_for_discussion>
Vcard4 is the most recent version of the Vcard format which is a data 
format for specifying contact information. It provides a mechanism to 
define extensions for specific uses or markets. A mapping from the basic 
format to XML and an access protocol are defined.

Extensions have been proposed for vcard and additional mappings to other 
data formats and languages. The working group will define these on the 
basis of the vcard4 format[RFC?], XML mapping [RFC?] and access 
protocol[RFC?]. Any extension should define its equivalent mapping in 
XML and can be carried by the access protocol.

The WG will produce extensions and new mappings as required. The working 
group will look at the following proposed extensions for 
standardization. Other extensions may be considered.
Draft-george-vcarddav-vcard-extension
Draft-li-vcarddav-vcard-id-property-extensions
draft-cauchie-vcarddav-oma-cab-extensions

Additional mapping will be looked at for standardization:
JSON mapping

Deliverables:
...
</proposed_first_cut_vcarddav_charter_for_discussion>

Marc, chair vcarddav.
-- 
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca
DTN Implementation: http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64-DNS64 Opensource: http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 02:19:57 +0200

On 4/1/11 12:45 AM, Marc Blanchet wrote:
> FYI, our AD saw it and did not jump off his seat (but I added few

Your AD has now seen the updated text and still hasn't fallen off his
chair. :)

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/