Subject: [VCARDDAV] valid until

From: Magnus Fromreide <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 14:17:14 +0100

Hello.

I have long been surprised by the fact that there is no support for 
planned changes in the vCard format.

Suppose that someone should move, then it would be reasonable to be able 
to say that their address is somewhere until date such and such, after 
that it will be something different.

So, I think that the ability to specify validity ranges is added. For 
now I have used DTSTART/DTEND from iCalendar as properties but that 
could be modified.

Example:

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:4.0
N:John Doe
ADR;DTEND=20110531:;;23 Main Street;Any Town;CA;91921-1234;U.S.A.
ADR;DTSTART=20110601:;;17 Other Street;Any Town;CA;91921-1234;U.S.A.
END:VCARD

/MF

---

From: Renato Iannella <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 18:10:46 +1000

On 20 Mar 2011, at 23:17, Magnus Fromreide wrote:

> So, I think that the ability to specify validity ranges is added. For now I have used DTSTART/DTEND from iCalendar as properties but that could be modified.

Hi Magnus, I proposed that [1] and it was not accepted [2].

Cheers

Renato Iannella
http://renato.iannella.it

[1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/vcarddav/current/msg01793.html
[2] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/vcarddav/current/msg01898.html

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 20:44:32 -0400

> Hi Magnus, I proposed that [1] and it was not accepted [2].

To be clear: it was not accepted for the base vCard document. I would be
thrilled to see this proposed as an extension.

Thanks,
Simon
-- 
NAT64/DNS64 open-source --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server        --> http://numb.viagenie.ca
vCard 4.0               --> http://www.vcarddav.org