Subject: [VCARDDAV] typos in XML examples ?

From: Arnaud Quillaud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:18:57 +0200

Hello,

In the example at 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardxml-09#section-4, 
shouldn't

        <lang>
          <parameters><pref>1</pref></parameters>
          <language-tag>fr</language-tag>
        </lang>
        <lang>
          <parameters><pref>2</pref></parameters>
          <language-tag>en</language-tag>
        </lang>

be changed to

        <lang>
          <parameters><pref><integer>1</integer></pref></parameters>
          <language-tag>fr</language-tag>
        </lang>
        <lang>
          <parameters><pref><integer>2</integer></pref></parameters>
          <language-tag>en</language-tag>
        </lang>

(missing integer element around the pref parameter value) ?

Similarly, shouldn't

          <parameters>
            <type><text>work</text></type>
            <label>Simon Perreault\n2875 boul. Laurier, suite
              D2-630\nQuebec, QC, Canada\nG1V 2M2</label>
          </parameters>

be changed to

          <parameters>
            <type><text>work</text></type>
            <label><text>Simon Perreault\n2875 boul. Laurier, suite
              D2-630\nQuebec, QC, Canada\nG1V 2M2</text></label>
          </parameters>

(missing text element around the label parameter value) ?
BTW, why do we keep \n in attribute values when they are removed from 
property values per Section 6 ?

In section-5.1 of the same draft, there are also two examples showing a 
pref parameter without an inner integer element. If this element 
corresponds to the pref element defined in the present spec, it should 
be fixed as well.

Finally in Section-6, we have

          <x-file>
            <parameters><type>image/jpeg</type></parameters>
            <text>alien.jpg</text>
          </x-file>

Does the type element miss an inner text element ?

Thanks,

Arnaud Quillaud

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:25:32 -0400

> (missing integer element around the pref parameter value) ?

Yes, fixed.

> (missing text element around the label parameter value) ?

Yes, fixed.

> property values per Section 6 ?

You're absolutely right. I'll fix that.

> corresponds to the pref element defined in the present spec, it should

Absolutely.

> Does the type element miss an inner text element ?

Actually, it should be <mediatype>. And yes it's missing a <text> element.

Thank you very much, these were very important bugs.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca