Subject: [VCARDDAV] PHOTO property inconsistencies

From: Arnaud Quillaud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:11:19 +0200

Hello,

About the PHOTO property:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-19#section-6.2.4 
defines its parameters as being:

<<

PHOTO-param = "VALUE=uri" / altid-param / type-param
                  / mediatype-param

while http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardxml-09

defines it as:

<<

property-photo = element photo {
     element parameters { param-altid, param-pid, param-pref, param-type,
                          param-mediatype }?,
     value-uri
   }

(xCard adds pid and pref params)

Since this is a multivalued property, pid-param is probably missing from 
the vCard definition.

Same goes for the pref parameter if we follow its definition: <<

This parameter MAY be applied to any property that allows multiple
    instances.

Finally, about the type param on photos, given that vCard 3.0 and 
earlier versions of the draft were using the TYPE parameter to convey 
the media type, shall that be mentioned in Appendix A (i.e. vCard 3.0 
TYPE param became MEDIATYPE in vCard 4.0) ?

Arnaud Quillaud

PS: PortableContacts, while not specifying them explicitly, and even 
recognizing that "no standard for describing images of various sizes 
currently exists", makes use of values like "type=thumbnail" in some 
examples.