Subject: [VCARDDAV] RELAX NG readability

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:20:56 -0600

While reviewing the vcardxml spec just now, I found it difficult to find
definitions of various properties in the RELAX NG schema. Does the order
matter, or would it be possible to place them in alphabetical order
(property-adr, property-anniversary, ...)? The same goes for the values
and parameters, although there are fewer of those.

BTW, overall the spec looks good!

(Next I'll compare vcardrev and vcardxml for consistency.)

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:28:05 -0400

Hi Peter,

> and parameters, although there are fewer of those.

In xCal we choose to order the RelaxNG schema based on the RFC5545 
definitions of the relevant components, properties, parameters, and values. 
We also annotated the schema with the 5545 section numbers for each item. 
The rationale was that anyone reading xCal would need to be 
cross-referencing with 5545 for the proper semantics of each element, so 
ordering according to 5545 would make that easier.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:32:18 -0600

On 4/18/11 1:28 PM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> 
> --On April 18, 2011 1:20:56 PM -0600 Peter Saint-Andre
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> definitions of the relevant components, properties, parameters, and
> values. We also annotated the schema with the 5545 section numbers for
> each item. The rationale was that anyone reading xCal would need to be

Yes, I noticed that just now while reviewing icalendar-in-xml; the
cross-references are quite helpful. Maybe I needed to follow the
cross-references to the vcardrev spec for vcardxml, too (or I was
reviewing the document in a way that normal readers wouldn't do).

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/