Subject: [VCARDDAV] property-kind

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:53:17 -0600

In vcardxml, we have:

property-kind = element kind {
    element text { "individual" | "group" | "org" | "location" }*
  }

That seems to hardcode the possible values.

By contrast, vcardrev says that KIND may be one of "individual",
"group", "org", "location", an x-name, or an iana-token.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:01:32 -0400

Hi Peter,

> "group", "org", "location", an x-name, or an iana-token.

Yes. I had a debate about the same kind of thing in xCal with one of my 
co-authors. In xCal, we do list value enumerations explicitly as per your 
xCard example above. From an extensibility stand point it seems like we 
should not do that, and just leave it as 'element text'. Again this boils 
down to whether the schema is used to validate syntax vs semantics.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo