Subject: [VCARDDAV] CardDAV + xCard in query response

From: Arnaud Quillaud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 16:57:43 -0700

Hello,

In 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav-10#section-10.4 , 
the address-data corresponding to a REPORT response is defined as:

        <!ELEMENT address-data (#PCDATA)>
        <!-- PCDATA value: address data -->

(and the same section contains two paragraph explaining how to deal with 
CDATA).

If I understand this definition correctly, this more or less prevents 
the use of xCard as the returned format. Or at least, the xCard stream 
can not be part of the CardDAV XML stream and should instead be wrapped 
in a CDATA section. I'm sure that this is not the intent.

I dont know the proper way to define something that may be either PCDATA 
OR some xml subelement. Can it just be:

        <!ELEMENT address-data (#PCDATA | ANY)>

?

Arnaud Q

PS: the same can be said about CalDAV and xCal where the calendar-data 
element is defined as containing only PCDATA.