Subject: [VCARDDAV] Clarification of property value data type "component"?

From: Stefan Ganzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:42:36 +0200

Hello,

I am wondering if the property value data type "component" should not be
defined analogous to "text", i.e.

	COMPONENT-CHAR = "\\" / "\," / "\;" / "\n" / WSP / NON-ASCII
               / %x21-2B / %x2D-3A / %x3C-5B / %x5D-7E
	   ; Backslashes, commas, semicolons, and newlines must be encoded.

	component = *COMPONENT-CHAR

I stumbled upon this when I was looking at the ORG-property and wondered
whether an empty property (ORG:) would be valid. As the N- and
ADR-properties allow missing component values, and FN may be empty, too,
I think the same is true
for ORG, though. The above definition would clarify this.

Yours Sincerely

Stefan

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:31:27 -0400

> 	component = *COMPONENT-CHAR

Wow, this is a ridiculous bug. I am amazed that it has not been noticed 
before.

Please file an errata at http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata.php.

Thanks,
Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca