Subject: [VCARDDAV] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6350 (3368)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 04:31:48 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6350,
"vCard Format Specification".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6350&eid=3368

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Stefan Ganzer <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.1.3

Original Text
-------------
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:4.0
EMAIL;PID=4.2,5.1:[email-masked]
CLIENTPIDMAP:1;urn:uuid:3eef374e-7179-4196-a914-27358c3e6527
CLIENTPIDMAP:2;urn:uuid:42bcd5a7-1699-4514-87b4-056edf68e9cc
END:VCARD

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:4.0
EMAIL;PID=5.1,5.2:[email-masked]
CLIENTPIDMAP:1;urn:uuid:0c75c629-6a8d-4d5e-a07f-1bb35846854d
CLIENTPIDMAP:2;urn:uuid:3eef374e-7179-4196-a914-27358c3e6527
END:VCARD

Corrected Text
--------------
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:4.0
FN:J. Doe
EMAIL;PID=4.2,5.1:[email-masked]
CLIENTPIDMAP:1;urn:uuid:3eef374e-7179-4196-a914-27358c3e6527
CLIENTPIDMAP:2;urn:uuid:42bcd5a7-1699-4514-87b4-056edf68e9cc
END:VCARD

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:4.0
FN:J. Doe
EMAIL;PID=5.1,5.2:[email-masked]
CLIENTPIDMAP:1;urn:uuid:0c75c629-6a8d-4d5e-a07f-1bb35846854d
CLIENTPIDMAP:2;urn:uuid:3eef374e-7179-4196-a914-27358c3e6527
END:VCARD

Notes
-----
Section 6.2.1 states that "[t]he [FN] property MUST be present in the vCard object."

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6350 (draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-22)
--------------------------------------
Title               : vCard Format Specification
Publication Date    : August 2011
Author(s)           : S. Perreault
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : vCard and CardDAV
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 08:17:53 -0400

This looks right, though I know we have a number of problems in the
examples in 6350.  Simon, should we mark this one "Verified" ?

Barry

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 09:33:16 -0400

> examples in 6350.  Simon, should we mark this one "Verified" ?

Yup.

Thanks,
Simon

-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca