Subject: [VCARDDAV] Don't Panic! (Upcoming "shutdown")

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 13:58:32 -0500

Just wanted to give folks on the list a heads-up, since it's been a while:

I am going to formally shut down the VCARDDAV working group since we 
have completed as many of the chartered items that we're going to 
complete. The mailing list will remain open, as we usually do with 
closed working groups.

That said, I understand there is potential other vcard work being done, 
in particular KIND:device document and the JSON encoding, which is being 
considered by PAWS, SCIM, and WEIRDS. As far as KIND:device, I think 
that can be handled as an AD sponsored individual document. If work 
needs to be done on the JSON document that requires a working group, we 
have been trying to spin up quick-to-charter/highly-focused WGs, so we 
can try that with this document.

Either way, don't worry when you see the shutdown notice; it's a formal 
process thing. We are not stopping work in this area.

pr

-- 
Pete Resnick<http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 14:03:10 -0500

On 11/8/12 1:58 PM, Pete Resnick wrote:

> That said, I understand there is potential other vcard work being
> done, in particular KIND:device document and the JSON encoding,
> which is being considered by PAWS, SCIM, and WEIRDS.

I'm in the SCIM WG session right now and vCard is the big topic. :)

> As far as KIND:device, I think that can be handled as an AD
> sponsored individual document.

Great, we authors will ask the document shepherd will ping you directly.

> If work needs to be done on the JSON document that requires a
> working group, we have been trying to spin up
> quick-to-charter/highly-focused WGs, so we can try that with this
> document.

Works for me.

Peter

- -- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/