Subject: [Videomgmt] First Post

From: "Ray, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:17:05 -0500

Hi (and, yes, I /.).

If you receive this email, you're one of the first to join this mail
list.  If you are reading the archives, hopefully this first message
will describe why this mail list exists.

Purpose:

	To investigate if there is enough interest and need within the
video
	and audio routing industry for SNMP-based management (and
supporting
	MIBs) to establish an IETF working group.

Participants:

	MIB authors - people who write MIBs, usually
enterprise-specific, within 
		an organization.
	MIB contributors - usually those that provide input to the
author of an
		enterprise-specifc MIB.
	MIB implementors - the underappreciated masses that have to make
these
		things work.
	MIB users - the people the rest of us work for.

Eventual Goal:

	To define one or more vendor-neutral MIBs that can be used to
manage and
	configure video and audio broadcast equipment.

	This means that we will strive to create abstractions that
define and
	model our equipment without having vendor-specific dependencies.
From
	this model, we will derive MIBs.

Subscription note:

	All subscribers are confirmed (via email response) and approved
by
	the mail list administrator.  This is necessary to cut down on
SPAM
	(we hope!).  Be patient when you subscribe.

Regards,
Bob Ray
PESA Switching Systems

_______________________________________________
Videomgmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/videomgmt