Subject: [VIPR] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-petithuguenin-dispatch-unique-overlay-01.txt

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:25:38 -0800

I would like to request a timeslot in the DISPATCH session in Paris to talk
about infrastructure overlays, which is a special class of RELOAD overlays
that by their own definition require that only one instance of this overlay
exists on the Internet (excluding instances deployed for test and
experimentation).

This kind of overlay could be useful for stuff like bitcoin or boinc, but the
main motivation is to support VIPR, which works only if there is a unique
overlay instance.

The discussion will be around the problems that infrastructure overlays solve
and the list of requirements for the mechanism used to implement it but,
although this is not part of the discussion, the new version of the draft
contains an appendix explaining one possible solution.

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-petithuguenin-dispatch-unique-overlay-01.txt
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:54:44 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Infrastructure Overlay
	Author(s)       : Marc Petit-Huguenin
	Filename        : draft-petithuguenin-dispatch-unique-overlay-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-01-16

   This document provides requirements for infrastructure overlays, a
   special kind of peer-to-peer overlay whose main purpose would be
   defeated if more than one instance would exist on the Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petithuguenin-dispatch-unique-overlay-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petithuguenin-dispatch-unique-overlay-01.txt