Subject: possible clarification on draft-05

From: Jerome Etienne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 10:55:12 -0400

it is tiny comment on draft-ietf-vrrp-spec-v2-05.txt.

in 6.4.1 and 6.4.2, the same sequence of operations are done when a router
enters in the MASTER state.
"      o Send an ADVERTISEMENT
       o Broadcast a gratuitous ARP request containing the virtual
         router MAC address for each IP address associated with the
         virtual router.
       o Set the Adver_Timer to Advertisement_Interval
       o Transition to the {Master} state"

I think it would be more clear to replace these duplicates in 
section 6.4.1 and 6.4.2 by

"      o Transition to the {Master} state"

and to add in section 6.4.3, a sentence like

"When a router enters in MASTER state, it must:
       o Send an ADVERTISEMENT
       o Broadcast a gratuitous ARP request containing the virtual
         router MAC address for each IP address associated with the
         virtual router
       o Set the Adver_Timer to Advertisement_Interval
"