Subject: [VRRP] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC5798 (4699)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 08:10:47 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC5798, "Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) Version 3 for IPv4 and IPv6". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5798&eid=4699

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Quentin Armitage <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2016-05-19
Held by: Alvaro Retana (IESG)

Section: 6.4.3

Original Text
-------------
         (630) ++ MUST send ND Router Advertisements for the virtual
         router.

         (635) ++ If Accept_Mode is False:  MUST NOT drop IPv6 Neighbor
         Solicitations and Neighbor Advertisements.

      (640) +-endif // ipv4?

and

         (705) -+ If the Priority in the ADVERTISEMENT is zero, then:

            (710) -* Send an ADVERTISEMENT

            (715) -* Reset the Adver_Timer to Advertisement_Interval

         (720) -+ else // priority was non-zero

            (725) -* If the Priority in the ADVERTISEMENT is greater
            than the local Priority,

            (730) -* or

            (735) -* If the Priority in the ADVERTISEMENT is equal to
            the local Priority and the primary IPvX Address of the
            sender is greater than the local primary IPvX Address, then:

               (740) -@ Cancel Adver_Timer

               (745) -@ Set Master_Adver_Interval to Adver Interval
               contained in the ADVERTISEMENT

               (750) -@ Recompute the Skew_Time

Corrected Text
--------------
         (630) + MUST send ND Router Advertisements for the virtual
         router.

         (635) + If Accept_Mode is False:  MUST NOT drop IPv6 Neighbor
         Solicitations and Neighbor Advertisements.

      (640) -endif // ipv4?

and

         (705) + If the Priority in the ADVERTISEMENT is zero, then:

            (710) * Send an ADVERTISEMENT

            (715) * Reset the Adver_Timer to Advertisement_Interval

         (720) + else // priority was non-zero

            (725) * If the Priority in the ADVERTISEMENT is greater
            than the local Priority,

            (730) * or

            (735) * If the Priority in the ADVERTISEMENT is equal to
            the local Priority and the primary IPvX Address of the
            sender is greater than the local primary IPvX Address, then:

               (740) @ Cancel Adver_Timer

               (745) @ Set Master_Adver_Interval to Adver Interval
               contained in the ADVERTISEMENT

               (750) @ Recompute the Skew_Time

Notes
-----
Between
     (750) -@ Recompute the Skew_Time
and
    (755) @ Recompute the Master_Down_Interval

the indentation level marking changes from '-@' to '@'. The corrected text removes the extra '+' from (630) to (640) and '-' from (705) to (750).

--------------------------------------
RFC5798 (draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-spec-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) Version 3 for IPv4 and IPv6
Publication Date    : March 2010
Author(s)           : S. Nadas, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG