Subject: [vwrap] #15: Improve abstraction of resource invocation from the Event Queue

From: "vwrap issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:50:31 -0000

#15: Improve abstraction of resource invocation from the Event Queue
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Reporter:  markl@…              |       Owner:  markl@…            
    Type:  defect               |      Status:  new                
Priority:  major                |   Milestone:                     
 Version:                       |    Severity:  -                  
Keywords:  Foundation           |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 It is desirable to settle the issues surrounding how to invoke resources
 on an entity that cannot act as the "server" end in a HTTP transaction. It
 was clear from the discussion, and from the other drafts, that this design
 needs to be tackled next. With respect to the Foundation draft, and the
 long-poll technique, the language there should be tightened up to make
 clear it is a possible way to invoke these resources, and that there are
 operation limitations for its general use such as "okay for text IM
 traffic, bad for object location updates".

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/vwrap/trac/ticket/15>
vwrap <http://tools.ietf.org/vwrap/>