Subject: [vwrap] #18: Review serialization conformance requirements

From: "vwrap issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:53:09 -0000

#18: Review serialization conformance requirements
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Reporter:  markl@…              |       Owner:  markl@…            
    Type:  enhancement          |      Status:  new                
Priority:  major                |   Milestone:                     
 Version:                       |    Severity:  -                  
Keywords:  Foundation           |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Foundation currently requires all implementations to support both XML and
 JSON encodings. This seems to me like we avoided the difficult choice by
 equally burdening everyone. In practice, some systems don't support
 multiple encodings -- and it might be difficult for some to (JavaScript
 running in a browser, say), it isn't clear this was the best choice. On
 the other hand, implementing both of these is pretty easy in most
 environments since XML and JSON parsers are plentiful.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/vwrap/trac/ticket/18>
vwrap <http://tools.ietf.org/vwrap/>