Subject: [vwrap] "What's *not* in VWRAP" - presentation in SL April 20 @ 9:30am Pacific

From: Joshua Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:14:01 -0700

Unless there's been a last minute schedule switcheroo I'm unaware of,
I'll be presenting "What's *not* in VWRAP - a dissection of the Linden
Lab Legacy Protocol" to the AWGroupies in Second Life on Tuesday,
April 20th (thats tomorrow!) at 9:30am Pacific.

I'm actually unsure of where the session will be held in-world. Can a
regular please reply with a SLURL?

This was material I'd intended to present at IETF77 in Anaheim but
great content from other presenters took priority. The slides are
linked from https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/77/materials.html but
stick to the source at
https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AfAytYlNCPECZGZ2M24yMl8yN2N0OGJueGNy&hl=en
(I'm not planning on any last minute edits, though!)

For those who look through the slides but may miss the context of the
presentation:

* The talk tries to give listeners a framework to answer the oft-asked
question "When will XYZ be standardized in VWRAP?"
* The talk is intended to be provocative; the slides make some bold
claims I'm expecting the audience to take issue with!
* There is no call for consensus on topics; contrariwise, there are
calls for opening up discussions
* It is not presented with any sort of implied authority, either as
co-chair to the WG or as an employee of Linden Lab. The working group
is highly encouraged to disagree with any of my reasoning or
conclusions!

The in-world presentation will not be under the auspices of the IETF
(i.e. "Note Well" does not apply); any extensive discussion will be
directed to this list, though.

---

From: David W Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:45:10 -0400

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ThorneBridgeTown/162/134/22

That's the ThorneBridgeTown  IBM Research sim, if you want a teleport 
offer, tap Zha Ewry in world sometime around or after  9:20 PDT 

From:
Joshua Bell <[email-masked]>
To:
[email-masked]
Date:
04/19/2010 06:14 PM
Subject:
[vwrap] "What's *not* in VWRAP" - presentation in SL April 20 @ 9:30am 
Pacific
Sent by:
[email-masked]

The in-world presentation will not be under the auspices of the IETF
(i.e. "Note Well" does not apply); any extensive discussion will be
directed to this list, though.
_______________________________________________
vwrap mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vwrap