Subject: Can the success of HOTMAIL be reduplicated and even surpassed?

From: "Casey Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 16:43:23 PST

Casey Farrell; Designer                     Friday, Nov. 19, '99

Couldn't an expansion of the delivery concepts in essence create more
'bandwidth?'  Would like to hear on these new concepts.

Attn: Jon Swartz, Columnist SF CHRONICLE

          Dear Mr. Swartz,

  Was hoping you might be able to pass this on to Nion McEvoy, as a
possible new industry that would employ the Chronicle people; just in
more futuristic surroundings. It isn't just C. Schwab, that got "new"
bu the NYSE also has a wall of new TV/'NET screens and will update the
graphics/content&text accordingly as the 'New Medias' evolve; they will yet 
remain the "Print Industries!" ...'Papers, Magazines; etc.,'
may become "Wireless" or whatever...but I am guessing that the 'NEWS'
will still be found in a "printout" version on paper, whether it is
downloaded from a "Dick Tracy" watch or view from a car-WebTV. There
is going to be READING AND WRITING! How come? Because "by definition"
NO COMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRIES or INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES can exist,
subsist, or whatever, without the old "Three 'R's!"

  Might be a good time to see if there is an interest group in the
San Francisco Bay Area which wants to get "online" ...in "Print?"
I would like to help bring modern "non-technical, non-mechanical'
standards for design to the "Newspaper Business." (if it ain't too
late) Schools do not instruct the children today on how much of the
history of the 'printed word' occurred in San Francisco. Mark Twain is
one good example, he didn't stop with Huckleberry Finn, but went on
to invest the monies from that book into type-industries of his day!

  Remember the story about the giant, house-sized 'typewriter,' that
was on Grant Street at the turn of the century? Just to set a paper
in Chinese characters? It took ten men to operate it. And it shook the
earth! We've come a long way; but there is always work to do; just need to 
find a newspaper group that wants to be in the news...'PAPER' business 
rather than just in the 'NEWS'... business!

  Thanks again-

Attn: Rachel Ross; Interactive Producer
c/o   MSNBC (MicroSoft/MSNBC/hotmail)

            Dear Ms. Ross,

    Excellent job of reporting! I am wondering as you are perhaps
the most briefed individual today-on the HOTMAIL 'phenom'...mightn't
MicroSoft/MSNBC/hotmail be intersted in 'future HotMail' research?

   Here is some information on designwork I have for such a scenario.
Thanks-

  Casey
415/664-2489

Attn: Lisa Poulson;Tumbleweed,
      Angela McMahon; UPS, &
      Heather Clark; WorldTalk

           Good Morning Ladies,

    I'm forwarding this opportunity announcement having read the news
spot from Fisher Draper Venture Capital Partners; who seem to be out
there looking for another hit like they had with HOTMAIL. I have been
trying my darndest to get their attention and also YAHOO and many more
players in the Internet arena, as I believe that for sometime I've had
a GREAT scenario for getting e-mail and e-commerce together: as well
as schools and multilingual translations. How? I use ART! Graphics!
BUT...these products are ALSO...DOMAIN NAMES! ('Branding Strategy!)]

   See, it is so simply, it doesn't seem possible that there could
be what they have been calling at COMDEX '99 ..."Easy Internet"...or
"User Friendly Computing," etc., but the whole thing is available
NOW, in that I have these designs for sale as Intellectual Property.

  For Instance, you want there to be a REAL..."French"-'Yahoo' or whatever, 
how would you 'develop' a 'solution' which would have
'cross-platform' 'applications?' Wrong! ( If you are going in the
direction of the established 'R&D' you are simply 'reselling' PATCHES!

  Currently this is as I see no REALLY connectivity, because NOTHING
really, is interactive! You see there was a 'PR' "Virtual Reality"...
and then when MATRIX came out, there was a semblance of the real deal.
But just prior to the premiere of the movie, the 'originator' of the
term..."Virtual Reality" abashedly acknowledged that it was & is...
"just camera tricks!" ( Dr. Furniss ) Same thing with INTERNET 2...
it is ONLY a reality at the KEYBOARD LEVEL...( "readin' writing' & 
'rithmetic") because there is at this level of activity only one way to 
involve the Human element...via communication. That is Alpha-Numeric. This 
includes of course Wireless, Voice, etc. My design shown
here in my letter to YAHOO's dept for  a "CHINESE" 'Net is just the most 
recent to these guys, the problem is no one sees these things at
the "EASY" or "USER FRIENDLY" interface...LANGUAGE! Yes, it is ALL
based on language & math! You have had Hardware, Firmware, Software,
etc, and Freeware, Shareware,etc.,  but the FUTURE of the Web isn't
tied to the single dimensioned solution anymore. BAOZI, as pictured
was designed to work with a prime-number code which would allow the
"color" of each "letter" to accomplish "musically" the conversion from
written to voice communications- Neat idea, huh? I had some years back
consulted for the product "Talk to Your PC", where I had presented this 
proposal in a prime-number schematic for English language process
so that the "robot sound" could be engineered out for an advanced version of 
the voice-commanded computer.

  Today, I have "OIEAU!" ("WOW!") for a FRENCH languaged Network, w/
same-named ('brand') search engine, e-mail, etc. The whole 'label'
devolves upon the 'brandname' and the 'colorization' schemes which
applied with a mathematical precision are designed to accomodate a
PARTICULAR language, yet make it "synchronatic" with others, according
to the phonetic principles which hold separate demands upon each and
every language area group user, and must be resolved again to a way
in which say, English & French can work 'interactively'.."Oieau!/Wow!"

  And beside all the obvious commercial advantage that a clorful ad
up there on the browser is going to have, an educational aspect is
intentionally imparted, albeit somewhat in the manner of learning by
osmosis rather than by rote...and how the schools will love this! But
so will people who want to brush up on their lingo before the rush off to 
Tokyo, or Bombay, Vienna, the Maldives, Atlanta, or wherever.

  I would like very much to help bring on the new Web, if only by way
of the introduction of new graphics imagery, more conducive to higher-
resolution appliances; digital gadgets & gizmos which because of the
revolutionary 'rewiring' of our world's computing devices and networks, now 
dependent on the "convergence principal," ...that this
new way of looking at things will need, if nothing else; ad-copy text!

   Thank you for your time and consideration-if you could forward this
address to the most forward looking person in your company-you can be fairly 
certain that you'll be your own 'IPO' one day soon!

   Best Regards,

Casey Farrell

tel: (415) 664-2489

>From: "Jenson Tseng" <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: "Jenson Tseng" <[email-masked]>
>To: "Casey Farrell" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: Localization of Networking via Information Design ("Content 
>Driven 'Net")
>Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 10:17:38 -0800
>
>Dear Mr. Farrell,
>
>got your e-mail.  will check out the url later today.
>
>thx.
>
>jenson
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: Casey Farrell <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Thursday, November 04, 1999 4:39 PM
>Subject: Localization of Networking via Information Design ("Content Driven 
>'Net")
>
>
> > Casey Farrell; Designer                              Thursday
> > San Francisco, California                            November 4, 1999
> >
> > Attn Jenson Tseng; Developer
> > c/o   YAHOO, Inc. (Chinese languaged 'Web')
> >
> >
> >            Dear Mr. Tseng,
> >
> >      Here is the URL for my designwork "BAOZI" which has already been
> > shown at the California State Government level-for a 'convergence' kind 
>of
> > situation where English and Chinese can be used in a colorized version 
>for
> > e-mail, text and graphics. This is of course for
> > both Roman script and Chinese characters.
> >
> >
> >                   http://www.slip.net/~navyblue
> >
> >
> >      Let me know if this got through-I'll try and get you a better
> > picture and explanation sometime tomorrow if possible, and as I said the
> > 'setting' is at 'Mandarin', so this will have a wide user area.
> >
> >    Thanks,
> >
> >         Casey
> >
> > [email-masked]
> >
> > ______________________________________________________
> > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
> >
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: 614275 GIANTS <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Nov 1999 16:56:02 -0800

------- Start of forwarded message -------

  Is it posting now?
 
Sender: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
from ns.secondary.com (208.184.76.39)
	by smtp.c008.sfo.cp.net with SMTP; 20 Nov 1999 16:47:54 -0800
(from majordomo@localhost)
	by ns.secondary.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) id QAA04298
	for ietf-weird-bks; Sat, 20 Nov 1999 16:42:18 -0800 (PST)
from hotmail.com (f127.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.127])
	by ns.secondary.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with SMTP id QAA04294
	for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 20 Nov 1999 16:42:16 -0800 (PST)
(qmail 85483 invoked by uid 0); 21 Nov 1999 00:43:25 -0000
from 216.185.31.67 by www.hotmail.com with HTTP;
	Sat, 20 Nov 1999 16:43:23 PST
Content-Length: 8678
Subject: Can the success of HOTMAIL be reduplicated and even surpassed?
From: "Casey Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 16:43:23 PST

          Dear Mr. Swartz,

  Thanks again-

            Dear Ms. Ross,

  Casey
415/664-2489

           Good Morning Ladies,

   Best Regards,

Casey Farrell

tel: (415) 664-2489

		     
------- End of forwarded message -------

__________________________________________________________
The Going Away Party!   Giants Baseball 1999
Giants Fan Email - Official Email of the San Francisco Giants
Get your free Giants Fan Email account http://www.sfgiants.com