Subject: New Type-Design... for Celebration of Greek Alphabet's 2400th Bitrhday!

From: "Casey Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:16:55 PST

Hi here, Mr. Hoffman, and Ms. Marine and Club Members-this example
shows then a typical way in which the other-half; or "GREEK" solution
could be utilised, as seen at

         http://www.slip.net/~navyblue

But if we wanted to just do "Op-Art" perhaps the easiest fast look
at an example of "fun" ...'solutions', can be seen at

                 http://www.slip.net/~o614275

Which is the "DIGITALIZATION" of the "GIANTS!" baseball logo. A very
"Y2K READY" design?

  Unbelievable as it may sound, many of the varied works I design are
made to go together as part of a larger "picture"...and one of those
"pictures" can be found at

         http://www.cam.org/home/Wcoprod/mmpro.htm

first page; 2nd Item, "CALIFORNIA STAR"

and that is the 'formatting' of information 'by design' for the
eventual 'convergence' of the technocratic jumble of networking which
soon will require some semblance of organization.

   Best method for creating stanards? At the state school-text level!

  So this is a design for "DIGITAL HIGH SCHOOLS" (AB 64 Mazzoni)

                  NEW SCIENCE IS HARD ON OLD BRAINS!

>From: "Casey Farrell" <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>To: [email-masked]
>CC: [email-masked]
>Subject: [twentysixletters] New Type-Design... for Celebration of Greek 
>Alphabet's 2400th Bitrhday!
>Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:30:59 PST
>
>Casey Farrell; Designer                                     Monday
>San Francisco, CA                                       Nov. 22, 1999
>
>Attn: GREEK INET
>      72 Mozden Lane
>      Pleasant Hill, CA
>
>          Dear Marketing Manager,
>
>           I am looking for a way in which to use this GREEK alphabet
>        designwork of mine, pictured at the URL;
>
>                  http://www.slip.net/~navyblue
>
>  The graphic on the right side of the screen is a letter-substitution
>design. Very Simple. There are besides the obvious inferred visual
>'likenesses' seen in all alphabets with the 'I/1' and the 'O/0'... letters 
>&
>numerals, respectively; but that leaves EIGHT (8) NON-ROMAN
>figures which are the Greek letters "Delta",, etc. Hey! after the 'ONE' and
>the 'ZERO'...there are EIGHT (8)...'Arabic Numerals'! So
>we can use them in place of the Greek Letters...only other business
>being to turn 'L' ("GAMMA") and 'V' ("LAMBDA") 'Upside Down'...that is
>'Right Side Up'for the letter-to-letter transliteration device shown
>here under the title of "STAR." The scheme makes allowance only for the
>Capital Letters & Numerals; much older in form than the 'Cursive.'
>
>  There are many reasons why this may be a useful device, but the idea
>for now is "Just for fun!" A quick keyboard notation. (And there are
>other-such in the world, for Music Reference Library purposes; and as
>pointed out, simple transliteration upon a Roman keyboard, say for the
>rendering of Ancient Greek Coin Inscriptions, ..."in English!" But how this
>("STAR") differs is in that is using corresponding likeness of shape of
>letter to numeral, and has alloted each to the other, sorting methodically
>by shapeforms, hoping to create a new way
>in which to both advertise to Greek-Speakers, and help the novice who
>may wish to learn Greek.
>
>  And as the Roman Alphabet is a direct descendant of the Greek; this
>makes a graffiti for celebrating the Ancient Civilizations of Europe!
>
>  "Everything Changes..." this seems a way in which to make all things
>"NEW", by the simple avoidance of taking away anything old!
>
>  Please let me know if there is anyway I may be of service to the
>Greek community, and I would very much like to submit draft proposals
>implimenting such, for your inspection-when the occasion should arise.

P.S. (This might be said to be the way in which to create browser-ads
in the GREEK language...but can be created from the Roman keyboard!)
>
>  Thank you,
>
>  Casey Farrell
>
>tel: (415) 664-2489
>
>@[email-masked]
>
>______________________________________________________
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Was the salesman clueless?  Productopia has the answers.
>http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1702
>
>
>
>-- Talk to your group with your own voice!
>--
>http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=twentysixletters&m=1
>
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com