Subject: [weirds] About the Autonomous Systems query format (sec 2.2. of draft-newton-et-al-weirds-rir-query-00)

From: Nicolas Antoniello <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 17:16:13 -0200

Dear all,

While reading the "Autonomous Systems" section of the draft (sec 2.2.) I
wonder if it would be a good idea to include the acceptable format of a
query of 32bits ASN.
As normally there are 2 "most used" formats for this, I believe that it
would be good to define explicitly in the draft text if it is going to be
acceptable either of them or both (I would suggest only "asplain"
representation).

One possible text addition to section 2.2. could be:

---
For 32 bits ASN numbers, it will be used "asplain" representation as defined
in RFC 5396.

For example, to find information on autonomous system number 65551,
  the following path would be used:

    /autnum/65551

Rather than:

    /autnum/1.15
---

What do you think?

Regards,
Nicolas