Subject: [weirds] Updated agenda & other info for the BoF

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:52:41 -0500

Dear colleagues,

I uploaded a new agenda to the meeting materials (and included it
below).

I have been in touch with the Meetecho people, and we will apparently
have at least some support from them for remote participants.  It
won't be two-way voice, though, so you'll need a jabber client at least.

BoFs really need complete minutes.  Does anyone want to volunteer in
advance to help by taking the minutes?  

Best,

A

Agenda for WEIRDS BoF, IETF 82
 2011-11-15

    0.  Agenda bashing.
    1.  Some review of the background
    2.  Short presentations on what people actually built
    3.  Short overview of requirements draft and issues in proposed charter

The above items should take no more than 30 minutes.  The remaining
time is nearly 2 hours; if we don't exhaust discussion in that time,
it is a testament to wills.

    4.  Questions for discussion (at least 30 mins):  

         a.  Is this a problem to be solved?
         
         b.  Is the problem statement in the proposed charter clear
         enough?

         c.  Should this build more on IRIS?  Why or why not?

         d.  Is there reasonable prospect for deployment?

         e.  Is one protocol for “registry data” the right approach?

RELEVANT DRAFTS:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-weirds-requirements-01
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-newton-et-al-weirds-rir-query-00
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-newton-weirds-arin-whoisrws-00
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheng-weirds-icann-rws-dnrd-00
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fiorelli-weirds-rws-00

RELEVANT OTHER READING:

http://usenix.org/publications/login/2011-10/openpdfs/Newton.pdf

PROPOSED CHARTER 

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/weirds/current/msg00231.html

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:44:33 -0500

Dear colleagues,

> Agenda for WEIRDS BoF, IETF 82

Sorry for any confusion that caused: the date there is actually just a
version of the agenda.  Here's a disambiguation:

Agenda for WEIRDS BoF, IETF 82
 agenda version 2011-11-15b
 meeting 2011-11-16 09:00, Taipei, Taiwan

    0.  Agenda bashing.

         

         f.  Volunteers?  Who will sign up to chair a WG/edit
         drafts/review drafts/implement?

RELEVANT DRAFTS:

RELEVANT OTHER READING:

PROPOSED CHARTER 

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]