Subject: [weirds] Submitting documents

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:55:28 -0700

Thanks to those of you who worked behind the scenes on getting
document proposals together.

Document authors/editors are invited to submit new working group
documents as follows:

1) draft-designteam-weirds-using-http becomes
draft-ietf-weirds-using-http (Byron, Ning, Andy)

2) draft-hollenbeck-weirds-rdap-sec becomes draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-sec
(Scott, [see below])

3) draft-hollenbeck-weirds-unified-rdap-query becomes
draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query (Scott, Andy)

4) draft-newton-weirds-unified-json-response becomes
draft-ietf-weirds-json-response (Scott, Andy)

5) draft-lacnic-weirds-restwhois-redirects becomes
draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-redirects ([see below])

For (2), Ning has volunteered to assist Scott.  Ning, please email
Scott and confirm your interest and availability to do that work, and
then one of you can submit the document.  I am also talking to the
Security Area ADs to see about getting some independent security help
on that topic.

For (5), I'd like to see a names person in the author list, and
preferably a shorter list.  If you folks can work that out, you're
welcome to submit as well.

Thank you again.  Let's get busy!

-MSK

---

From: Arturo Servin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 16:08:49 -0300

If somebody wants to help, it is welcome. Just let us know.

Regards,
as

---

From: Wil Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:06:06 +1000

> If somebody wants to help, it is welcome. Just let us know.

I'm happy to contribute to the draft, which IMO is already in pretty
good shape. I do have concerns that the loop detection mechanism of
modifying the URI breaks caching. Will send a separate comment on it.

.wil

> _______________________________________________
> weirds mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/weirds
>

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 13:59:32 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Murray S. Kucherawy
> Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:55 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [weirds] Submitting documents
> 
> Thanks to those of you who worked behind the scenes on getting document
> proposals together.
> 
> 1) draft-designteam-weirds-using-http becomes draft-ietf-weirds-using-
> http (Byron, Ning, Andy)
> 
> 3) draft-hollenbeck-weirds-unified-rdap-query becomes draft-ietf-
> weirds-rdap-query (Scott, Andy)
> 
> 4) draft-newton-weirds-unified-json-response becomes draft-ietf-weirds-
> json-response (Scott, Andy)
> 
> 5) draft-lacnic-weirds-restwhois-redirects becomes draft-ietf-weirds-
> rdap-redirects ([see below])
> 

(3) and (4) have been submitted. I'll work with Ning on (2).

Scott

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 07:00:41 -0700

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>[...]

As you can see, these are beginning to appear, and the WG can now
begin to develop them.

A quick reminder: October 15 is the cutoff for submitting -00 drafts
before the Atlanta meeting, and October 22 is the cutoff date for all
draft submissions prior to the meeting.  We then enter a quiet period
regarding document updates until after the meeting has started.

-MSK