Subject: [weirds] Authentication-Results for the outcome of RDAP

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 19:05:36 +0100

Hi All,

I haven't set up RDAP yet, but it's on my to-do list to lookup the IP
address of incoming mail relays.  One question is whether that should
be done just before reporting abuse rather than every time a message
is received.  Lazy lookup can save cycles, but having the reporting
domain may aid reckoning reputation, especially if there is no DKIM
nor SPF authentication.

If done routinely, the problem arises of how to transmit the result
from the boundary MX to downstream processors.  The
Authentication-Results header field (RFC 5451) seems to be the obvious
solution.  We just need to document the new tag names somewhere.  Where?

I don't think this topic deserves an entry in the meeting agenda, does it?

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 11:13:52 -0800

Definitely an AOB topic, if we have time.

I don't think doing this through Authentication-Results is right, however.
What's the authentication work being done?

-MSK

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> weirds mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/weirds
>

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:33:59 +0100

> Definitely an AOB topic, if we have time.

... and meeting :-)

> I don't think doing this through Authentication-Results is right,
> however.  What's the authentication work being done?

The relaying address has an abuse team who takes care of what it
sends.  A much richer semantics than iprev, no?