Subject: Re: [weirds] Preliminary agenda

From: Steve Sheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 08:17:12 -0800

Thanks Murray, I can try to prepare  a draft, but not certain I will be able
to deliver in time for sufficient review.

In the mean time,  how about I produce a slide deck and send it to the WG.
Then the chairs can decide whether there is useful enough contribution for a
presentation. 

John and Peter, would that address your concern?

Kind regards, 
Steve

From:  "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date:  Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:46 PM
To:  John R Levine <[email-masked]>
Cc:  "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Re: [weirds] Preliminary agenda

> Also, having a document that the WG can review ahead of time would be really
> helpful.  Steve, could you produce such a thing?  We're past the I-D deadline,
> so sending it to the list is fine.
> 
> 
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
>> I haven't pinged Olaf for his opinion yet, but I imagine we can slot this
>> into AOB rather than a dedicated slot.
>> 
>> -MSK
>> 
>> 
>> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM, John R Levine <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>> If this is important for WG participants to know, write it up as as an
>>>>> I-D or at least if you have materials, send them around to the list.
>>>> 
>>>> Actually, I'd like to hear it. Scott and I have been looking into I18N
>>>> issues, especially as it relates to search, and we seem to have more
>>>> questions than answers. If ICANN has answers, that would be valuable.
>>> 
>>> I'm not disagreeing that it sounds interesting.  But background
>>> presentations are not what in-person WG meetings are for.  I've played
>>> junior chair enough already, if Olaf and Murray see it as an issue, I'm sure
>>> they can handle it.
>>> 
>>> R's,
>>> John 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> weirds mailing list
>>> [email-masked]
>>> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/weirds
>>> <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/weirds>
>> 
>

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Mar 2013 16:20:20 -0000

>John and Peter, would that address your concern?

Yes.  In case there's any misunderstanding, I don't doubt that the
ICANN i18n work is interesting and probably relevant.  But if it's not
part of the process of turning I-Ds into RFCs, it's not what a WG
meeting is for.

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 10:19:18 -0800

While generally I agree, I'm not quite as strict as how that was stated.
I-D development is the priority, to be sure, but not to the point of
exclusion of all else.

Since we haven't completely filled the agenda with I-D work, I don't mind
assigning some time at the end to material like this.  I certainly think
it's likely to be information we should be aware of as we develop our I18N
solutions.

Steve, yes, it would be ideal if you had something you could circulate to
the WG beforehand so we're prepared to use the time well.  We're past the
point of being able to submit a new draft, and I'm not sure that's the
right path for what you want to talk about anyway, so sending some material
to the list prior to our meeting on the 12th would be dandy.

-MSK, co-chairin'

---

From: Steve Sheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:04:16 -0700

Thank you Murray, attached please find a slide deck summarizing some recent
ICANN work related to internationalized registration data.

If there is no time to discuss it tomorrow, I am happy to answer questions
either on or off the list.

Steve

From:  "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date:  Friday, March 1, 2013 10:19 AM
To:  John Levine <[email-masked]>
Cc:  "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Re: [weirds] Preliminary agenda

> While generally I agree, I'm not quite as strict as how that was stated.  I-D
> development is the priority, to be sure, but not to the point of exclusion of
> all else.
> 
> assigning some time at the end to material like this.  I certainly think it's
> likely to be information we should be aware of as we develop our I18N
> solutions.
> 
> Steve, yes, it would be ideal if you had something you could circulate to the
> WG beforehand so we're prepared to use the time well.  We're past the point of
> being able to submit a new draft, and I'm not sure that's the right path for
> what you want to talk about anyway, so sending some material to the list prior
> to our meeting on the 12th would be dandy.
> 
> -MSK, co-chairin'
> 
>