Subject: Re: [weirds] Entity "Objects"

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 23:57:03 -0800

Hi Andy,
At 23:29 28-02-2013, Andy Newton wrote:
>Care to explain?

It is better not to express information in a identifier (string).  I 
do not have to get into UTF-8 if the string is merely about something 
unique.  Otherwise, I have to deal with UTF-8; I have to deal with 
the various conventions which anyone in the world can dream about.

Regards,
-sm

---

From: Andy Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 08:19:30 +0000

>the various conventions which anyone in the world can dream about.

It is not meaningful information to anybody but the server operator. If
they wish to prefix certain types of contact ids with a specific string or
represent them as integers only divisible by 3 they are free to do so. To
the client is an opaque identifier only.

-andy

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 02:47:48 -0800

Hi Andy,
>It is not meaningful information to anybody but the server operator. If

If the information is only meaningful to the server operator it is 
better in my opinion to say less about it.

Regards,
-sm