Subject: [weirds] I-D Action: draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:47:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Web Extensible Internet Registration Data Service Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Registration Data Access Protocol Lookup Format
	Author(s)       : Andrew Lee Newton
                          Scott Hollenbeck
	Filename        : draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-03-14

Abstract:
   This document describes uniform patterns to construct HTTP URLs that
   may be used to retrieve registration information from registries
   (including both Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) and Domain Name
   Registries (DNRs)) using "RESTful" web access patterns.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 18:51:49 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:47 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [weirds] I-D Action: draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query-03.txt
> 
> 

Notes from the change summary:

-03:  Changed 'query' to 'lookup' in document title to better
      describe the 'exact match lookup' purpose of this document.
      Included a multitude of minor additions and clarifications
      provided by Marc Blanchet and Jean-Philippe Dionne.  Modified the
      domain and name server sections to include support for IDN
      U-labels.

Scott

---

From: Jean-Philippe Dionne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:27:13 -0400

>       domain and name server sections to include support for IDN

'exact match lookup' means it describes a single ressource in the
database, but may have multiple url representing the ressource.

For example, we allow IPv6 addresses to be in compressed or uncompressed
form and domain name are case insensitive.

All the identifiers, except the entity handle, described in the draft
had a reference to a document describing precisely their format and
their equivalence class.

The entity handle is special because it can have a format that is local
to a registry.  For example, it can be case sensitive or insensitive.

Should we have any recommendation about the format of the entity handle?

If there is no universal namespace for the entity handle, how do we
handle name collision in case of redirection?

Jean-Philippe