Subject: [weirds] I-D Action: draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:05:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Web Extensible Internet Registration Data Service Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Redirection Service for Registration Data Access Protocol
        Authors         : Carlos M. Martinez
                          Linlin Zhou
                          Gerardo Rada
	Filename        : draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   The traditional WHOIS protocol has several important shortcomings,
   and over the past few years several approaches to a better
   Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) have been discussed and
   proposed.

   It is worth noting that the term WHOIS is sometimes used
   interchangeably to mean either (a) the registration data itself or
   (b) the protocol used to access registration data

   Among these shortcomings, different registries operate different
   WHOIS services.  For users this means that several WHOIS queries to
   different registries may be necessary in order to obtain data for a
   given resource.

   This document describes a redirection service for RDAP queries.  This
   service allows clients to query a single RDAP service and expect
   either an authoritative answer or a redirection hint pointing to
   another, possibly authoritative, RDAP server.

   The solution implemented proposed here applies to Regional Internet
   Registries(RIRs) and Domain Name Registries(DNRs).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-redirects/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:12:57 -0800

Mostly a keepalive version, some minor editorial corrections.

My target is to get this mostly done on/after London.

regards

~Carlos

On 2/14/14, 1:05 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> weirds mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/weirds
>