Subject: [Wpack] wpack@ietf110: draft agenda

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 22:08:52 -0500

Hi! I think our goal for IETF 110 should be to see what, if anything, needs change in [1][2] for that I-D to be considered a candidate for WG adoption. At this point, it is the I-D on offer and unless another I-D shows up shortly it seems like that we should focus our attention on it. To that end, I have asked Jeffery to pull together some slides to setup that discussion. Part of this will address PRs SS Daniel referred to the other day. That’s the outline of the agenda I plan to post shortly, but it can be bashed.

I hope that all slides posted by Monday, March 8, 2021 so that everyone will have a chance to review them by our session on Friday.

Cheers,
spt (for the chairs)

[1] https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-yasskin-wpack-bundled-exchanges-03.txt
[2] https://wicg.github.io/webpackage/draft-yasskin-wpack-bundled-exchanges.html

---

From: Daniel Ehrenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 10:52:16 +0000

Hi everyone,

I'd also like to discuss the use case of bundles for accelerated
subresource loading on the Web. This use case is identified as lower
priority in our charter and Jeffrey's use cases document, but I believe
that there is strong demand for it in the Web ecosystem, and that it
could be widely implemented if we deliver a suitable bundle format and
semantics.

A priority for me is that the mechanism for subresource loading from
bundles preserves important properties of URLs, e.g., as content
blockers depend on. If there's time for such a discussion, I'd like to
present on it. This use case partially motivates the changes in the
bundle format that I proposed, so it all ties together.

Dan

On 2021-02-27 03:08, Sean Turner wrote:
> Hi! I think our goal for IETF 110 should be to see what, if anything,
> needs change in [1][2] for that I-D to be considered a candidate for
> WG adoption. At this point, it is the I-D on offer and unless another
> I-D shows up shortly it seems like that we should focus our attention
> on it. To that end, I have asked Jeffery to pull together some slides
> to setup that discussion. Part of this will address PRs SS Daniel
> referred to the other day. That’s the outline of the agenda I plan to
> post shortly, but it can be bashed.
> 
> I hope that all slides posted by Monday, March 8, 2021 so that
> everyone will have a chance to review them by our session on Friday.
> 
> Cheers,
> spt (for the chairs)
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Wpack mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/wpack