Subject: WCW'01: Final Call for Contributions

From: michael rabinovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:55:17 -0500 (EST)

(My apologies if you received multiple copies of this announcement through
other relevant mailing lists.)

The on-line paper submission procedures for WCW'01 are now in place at the
conference Web site.  Recall that the deadline for submissions is March 9.  

Michael Rabinovich

----------------------------------------------------------------------

  Sixth International Web Caching and Content Delivery Workshop

               Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
                           June 20-22, 2001

                    http://www.cs.bu.edu/pub/wcw01

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
--------
The  International Workshop  on Web  Caching and  Content Delivery
(WCW)   is  a   premiere   technical  meeting   for  researchers   and
practitioners   interested  in   all  aspects   of   content  caching,
distribution and delivery on the Internet. This year's meeting will be
held in Boston (tentatively on  the Boston University Campus) and will
build  on  the  successes  of  the  five  previous  WCW  meetings.  We
anticipate a strong technical program, exhibitions by leading vendors,
and participation  from leading  researchers and practitioners  in the
field.  Please refer to the various sections of this web site for more
information.

Important Deadlines and Dates
-----------------------------
    March 9, 2001: Deadline for submission of full technical papers
    March 9, 2001: Deadline for submission of R&D synopses and BOF proposals
    May 7, 2001:   Notification of acceptance of papers, synopses, and 
                   BOF proposals  
    June 4, 2001: Camera-Ready copy of accepted papers and synopses
    June 20, 2001: Workshop starts!

Call for Papers
---------------

The  6th International Workshop  on Web  Caching and  Content Delivery
solicits technical papers as well as short synopses addressing various
issues on the state-of-the-art in Web Caching and Content Distribution
technologies. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

  + Web Caching Architectures
  + Cache Management Algorithms
  + Streaming Media Caching and Distribution
  + Application and Dynamic Content Caching
  + Consistency Management
  + Replication Strategies
  + Content Distribution Networks Architectures and Protocols
  + Workload Analysis and Characterization
  + Benchmarking
  + Content Peering and Alliances
  + Standardization and Interoperability 
  + Deployment Experiences

Submission Guidelines
---------------------

Technical Papers

  Technical papers describing previously  unpublished research  results 
  are solicited. Although we will give appropriate consideration to all
  submissions, we expect to favor submissions with new, if not entirely
  fleshed out,  ideas  over  meticulous  but  incremental  work.  Paper 
  manuscripts should not exceed 5,000 words, and should  not have  been
  previously  published (or be under consideration for publication)  in
  part or in full.  Manuscripts  must  be  submitted  electronically in
  printable postscript or PDF form. All submissions will be reviewed by
  the Program Committee members  for appropriateness  to  the workshop, 
  for  originality, and for technical merits.   Accepted papers will be 
  presented  at the workshop and published in the workshop proceedings. 
  In  the  past, selected papers were published in a special issue of a 
  leading journal and we anticipate being able to do the same this year 
  (details to follow).

  The deadline  for technical  paper submissions is  March 9, 2001. 
  Details of the submission procedure are on the workshop's
  web page (http://www.cs.bu.edu/pub/wcw01).

Research and Development Synopses

  Short   abstracts  describing   experiences  with   experimental  or
  commercial  systems or  works  in progress  are solicited.  Synopsis
  manuscripts  should not  exceed 10  double-spaced pages  ( including
  figures and  tables).  Manuscripts must  be submitted electronically
  in  printable  postscript or  PDF  form.   All  submissions will  be
  reviewed by the Program Committee members for appropriateness to the
  workshop.  Accepted  synopses will be presented at  the workshop and
  will be published in the workshop proceedings.

  The  deadline  for   accepting  research  and  development  synopsis
  submissions  is  March 9, 2001.    Details  of  the  submission
  procedure are on the Workshop's Web page.

Proposals for Panel and BOF Sessions

  Proposals for Panels and BOF sessions  are  solicited.   Please email
  proposals (in ASCII) to the  Program Committee  co-chairs.  The  deadline
  for accepting panel and BoF proposals is  March 9,  2001.

Workshop Organization
---------------------

Program Committee Chairs:

  + Azer Bestavros (CS Dept, Boston University)
  + Michael Rabinovich (AT&T Research)

Program Committee Members:

  + Virgilio Almeida (Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil)
  + Chet Birger (Adero Inc)
  + John Byers (CS Dept, Boston University)
  + Jeff Chase (CS Dept, Duke University)
  + Mark Crovella (Network Appliance & CS Dept, Boston University)
  + Arun Iyengar (IBM TJ Watson Research Center)
  + Mike Dahlin (University of Texas, Austin)
  + Balachander Krishnamurthy (AT&T Research)
  + Steve McCanne (FastForward Networks)
  + Jeff Mogul (Compaq  Western Research Lab)
  + Keith Ross (Eurocomm Institute)
  + Gary Tomlison (Entera Inc.)
  + Craig Wills (CS Dept, Worcester Polytechnic Institute)

Steering Committee:

  + Pei Cao, Cisco
  + Valentino Cavalli, Terena
  + Peter Danzig, Akamai Technologies
  + John Martin, Network Appliance
  + Wojtek Sylwestrzak, Warsaw University
  + Duane Wessels, NLANR

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    For updated information about the workshop please refer to the
        workshop's web page at http://www.cs.bu.edu/pub/wcw01
----------------------------------------------------------------------