Subject: CFP - International Workshop on Global and P2P Computing

From: spyros lalis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 12:57:59 +0300

-- We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this --
[Feel free to distribute a copy to people who might be interested.]

=============================================================================

                    International Workshop on 
                Global and Peer-to-Peer Computing
             (http: http://www.lri.fr/~fci/GP2PC.htm)

          organized at the IEEE International Symposium
             on Cluster Computing and the Grid 2002
                           CCGRID 2002

  In cooperation with the IEEE Task Force on Cluster Computing (TFCC)

SCOPE 

The wide spread of the World Wide Web along with the availability
of increasingly powerful off-the-shelf hardware give rise to a new
infrastructure for distributed computing. Besides traditional grid
computing systems, it is now possible to run computations on a large
number workstations, personal computers and servers using a large scale
and loosely coupled system.

This type of distributed computing, also referred to as Global
Computing, is currently used for a large variety of physic, mathematics
and biology applications mostly following the Master/slave paradigm.
Peer-to-Peer interaction models give the opportunity to enlarge the
number of user and applications of Global Computing by allowing any
resource to send job or/and data requests, provide data or/and
computation services and participate to maintain the infrastructure
itself. 

Because of their size and the high volatility of their resources,
Global  Computing and Global Peer-to-Peer Computing platforms provide
the opportunity  for researchers to revisit distributed computing major
fields: protocols, infrastructures, security, certification, fault
tolerance, scheduling,  performance, etc.

Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished work describing
current research in the area of Global and Peer-to-Peer Computing
including design and  analysis of computational infrastructures as
well as applications in science, technology, and commerce. 

TOPICS

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to: 
*  Global Computing and Peer-to-Peer computing platforms
*  Autonomous, self organizing and/or mobile distributed systems
*  Middleware, programming models, environments and toolkits
*  Protocols for resource management/discovery/reservation/scheduling 
*  Economic considerations of resource usage (protocols, accounting)
*  Storage in Global Computing Infrastructures (strategies, protocols) 
*  Performance monitoring, benchmarking, evaluation and modeling of
   Global Computing and Peer-to-Peer systems and/or components thereof
*  Security, management and monitoring of resources
*  Result certification (detection/tolerance of wrong/corrupted results)
*  Parallel computing on large scale distributed systems
*  Compute or I/O driven applications (scientific/engineering/business)
*  Global and Peer-to-Peer computing applications (programmed from
   scratch ported from sequential, or parallel version, adaptations
   to fit a global computing environment)

PAPER SUBMISSION
 
Authors are encouraged to: 

Submit a full paper (max: 6 pages in length, IEEE format)
Submit a research statement (max: 2 pages in length, IEEE  format). 
Use a minimum of 10pt font, and printable on A4 paper. The IEEE
guidelines can be found at http://www.computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm
Please email your papers to [email-masked] or [email-masked].
Electronic transmission is the preferred method for submission. 

Full papers (category (a)) will be reviewed by the program committee for 
relevance, clarity and the novelty of results. If accepted, full papers
will be published in the conference proceedings by the IEEE Computer
Society. Authors may purchase two additional pages. 

Short papers (category (b)) will be published in a separate section.
This is to encourage work that is not yet advanced enough for a full
paper. 

We also encourage authors to present novel ideas, critique of existing
work,  and application examples, which demonstrate how Global and
Peer-to-Peer  Computing technology could be effectively deployed.
We also welcome practical work which applies Global and Peer-to-Peer
Computing technology in novel and interesting ways. 

IMPROTANTES DATES

Papers due: November 24, 2001 
Notification to authors: December 21, 2001 
Final version of papers due: February 15, 2002 

PROGRAM COMMITTEE (still expanding)

Mark Baker, DCS , University of Portsmouth, UK 
Taisuke Boku, CCP, University of Tsukuba, Japan 
Franck Cappello, CNRS, Paris-South University, France 
Henri Casanova, SDSC, California, USA
Christian Huitema, Microsoft, USA
Spyros Lalis, ICS-FORTH and University of Thessaly, Greece
Serge Petiton, LILF, Lille University, France
Avi Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research, USA 
Mitsuhisa Sato, CCP, University of Tsukuba, Japan 

SESSION CHAIRS 

For more information please contact: 
Franck Cappello,             Spyros Lalis,
CNRS,                        Institute of Computer Science
Universite Paris-Sud,        FORTH
France,                      Greece,
[email-masked]               [email-masked] 
===========================================================================