Subject: CALL FOR PAPERS: IEEE ICME 2002, Int.Conf.MM & Expo

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon Oct 1 16:11:26 2001

Apologies for any duplication of this announcement
_____________________________________________

CALL FOR PAPERS: ICME 2002
IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo

Swiss Federal Institute of Technology,
EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
August 26-29 2002

GOALS OF THE CONFERENCE

International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME) is a major annual 
international conference organized with the objective of bringing together 
researchers, developers and practitioners from academia and industry 
working in all areas of  multimedia. ICME serves as a forum for the
dissemination of state-of-the-art research, development, and implementations 
of multimedia systems, technologies and applications. 

Co-sponsored by four IEEE societies (the Circuits and Systems Society, 
the Communications Society, the Computer Society and the Signal Processing 
Society) the third edition of ICME will be held in Lausanne, Switzerland.

INSTRUCTIONS AND TOPICS

Authors should submit a four-page manuscript in double-column format 
including authors' names, affiliations and a short abstract. Only electronic 
submission will be accepted. A sample of the papers presented at the 
conference will be selected for a possible publication in an upcoming 
special issue of IEEE Transactions on Multimedia. Topics covered include 
but are not limited to the following:

* Audio, image and/or video processing
* Components and technologies for multimedia systems
* Human-machine interface and interaction
* Multimedia applications
* Multimedia hardware architectures
* Multimedia communication and networking
* Multimedia computing systems
* Multimedia content access and distribution
* Multimedia databases
* Signal processing for media integration
* Standards (e.g., MPEG) and related issues
* System integration, integration of art and technologies
* Virtual reality and computer graphics
* Watermarking and security

CONFERENCE WEB SITE AND CONTACT

Web: http://www.icme2002.org
Contact: [email-masked]

SPECIAL SESSIONS, TUTORIALS, DEMO/EXHIBITS

Proposals for Special Sessions, Tutorials and Demo/Exhibits are also 
strongly encouraged. Authors are referred to the ICME website to additional 
information regarding submissions.

IMPORTANT DATES

Special Session Proposal Due            December 1, 2001
Regular Papers Submission Due           February 15, 2002
Tutorial Proposal Due                   March 1, 2002
Demo/Exhibit Proposal Due               May 1, 2002

Thierry Pun, Univ. of Geneva, Switzerland
Jean-Luc Dugelay, Eurecom, France
ICME Publicity co-Chairs

PS: feel free to distribute!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe the ICME 2002 information mailing list, 
e-mail [email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------