Subject: LAST CFP: IEEE ICME 2002, Int.Conf.MM & Expo

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jan 17 13:30:05 2002

Apologies for any duplication of this announcement
_____________________________________________

---> DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 15, 2002 !!

CALL FOR PAPERS: ICME 2002
IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo
http://www.icme2002.org

Swiss Federal Institute of Technology,
EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
August 26-29 2002

NEWS
In addition to the regular tracks, seven high-quality Special Sessions are
accepting submissions. Submit your paper today at http://www.icme2002.org !
... Or remember the final deadline: February 15, 2002!

GOALS OF THE CONFERENCE
International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME) is a major annual 
international conference organized with the objective of bringing together 
researchers, developers and practitioners from academia and industry 
working in all areas of  multimedia. ICME serves as a forum for the
dissemination of state-of-the-art research, development, and implementations 
of multimedia systems, technologies and applications. 

Co-sponsored by four IEEE societies (the Circuits and Systems Society, 
the Communications Society, the Computer Society and the Signal Processing 
Society) the third edition of ICME will be held in Lausanne, Switzerland.

INSTRUCTIONS AND TOPICS
Authors should submit a four-page manuscript in double-column format 
including authors' names, affiliations and a short abstract. Only electronic 
submission will be accepted. Submissions have to be made through the 
conference Web site: http://www.icme2002.org.
A sample of the papers presented at the conference will be selected for a 
possible publication in an upcoming special issue of IEEE Transactions on 
Multimedia. There will also be a student best paper award as well as a
best paper award.

Topics covered include but are not limited to the following:
* Audio, image and/or video processing
* Components and technologies for multimedia systems
* Human-machine interface and interaction
* Multimedia applications
* Multimedia hardware architectures
* Multimedia communication and networking
* Multimedia computing systems
* Multimedia content access and distribution
* Multimedia databases
* Signal processing for media integration
* Standards (e.g., MPEG) and related issues
* System integration, integration of art and technologies
* Virtual reality and computer graphics
* Watermarking and security

Seven special sessions have also been organized and are now open
to submissions.

CONFERENCE WEB SITE AND CONTACT
Web: http://www.icme2002.org
Contact: [email-masked]

TUTORIALS, DEMO/EXHIBITS
Proposals for Tutorials and Demo/Exhibits are also strongly encouraged. 
Authors are referred to the ICME website to additional information 
regarding submissions.

IMPORTANT DATES
Regular Papers Submission Due           February 15, 2002
Tutorial Proposal Due                   March 1, 2002
Demo/Exhibit Proposal Due               May 1, 2002

Thierry Pun, Univ. of Geneva, Switzerland
Jean-Luc Dugelay, Eurecom, France
ICME Publicity co-Chairs

PS: feel free to distribute!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe the ICME 2002 information mailing list, e-mail to
[email-masked] with "(un)subscribe" in the body. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------