Subject: CFP: WCW Workshop (two weeks)

From: Jeff Chase <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:31:19 -0400 (EDT)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

  On the Edge: 7th International Workshop on
  Web Content Caching and Distribution (WCW)

                         Boulder, Colorado USA
                         August 14-16, 2002
                         http://2002.iwcw.org/

  Submission deadline: April 29, 2002

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
--------

Since 1996, this workshop has served as the premiere forum for
researchers and industry technologists to exchange research results
and perspectives on future directions in Internet content caching and
content delivery.  The first four Web Caching Workshops (WCW) focused
on Web cache software and caching networks for static Web content.  As
Internet service architectures have evolved, the workshop focus has
broadened to include all areas relating to the intersection of
storage and networking for Internet content services.

Call for Papers
---------------

The workshop solicits technical papers related to Internet content
caching, content delivery, and content services networking.
Particular areas of interest include:

  + Internet caching architecture and protocols
  + Content placement and request routing
  + Web workload analysis and characterization
  + Empirical studies of deployed content delivery systems 
  + Wide-area upload and "content gathering"
  + Consistency management
  + Edge services and dynamic content caching
  + Peering and content services internetworking
  + Memory and storage management for content caches
  + Streaming media caching
  + Overlay networks for content delivery
  + Caching and edge services for the wireless Web
  + Security and availability of Web service architectures

Program Committee 
------------------
Jeff Chase, Duke University (chair)
Martin Arlitt, HP Labs/University of Calgary
Mike Dahlin, University of Texas Austin
John Dilley, Akamai Technologies
Sally Floyd, ACIR
Dilip Kandlur, IBM Research
Terence Kelly, University of Michigan
Evangelos Markatos, ICS FORTH, Greece
Jim O'Toole, Cisco
Misha Rabinovich, AT&T Research
Geoff Voelker, University of California San Diego
Ellen Zegura, Georgia Tech

Executive Committee
------------------

Pei Cao, Cisco
Valentino Cavalli, Terena
Peter Danzig, University of Southern California
John Martin, Network Appliance
Wojtek Sylwestrzak, Warsaw University
Duane Wessels, The Measurement Factory
Azer Bestavros, Boston University

Local Arrangements Chair: Duane Wessels

Submission Guidelines
---------------------

Technical Papers and Synopses

Technical papers describe previously unpublished research results or
empirical evaluations of current systems.  Synopses are summaries of
interesting new problems or approaches, or of standards or development
efforts in progress.  Technical papers are limited to 5000 words;
synopses are limited to 3000 words.  The Program Committee will judge
submitted papers on relevance, significance, originality, clarity, and
technical merit.  We encourage authors to submit any technically sound
contributions of interest.  Please do not submit product marketing
material or material that is previously published or under review
elsewhere.

Accepted papers will be published in a proceedings distributed to
participants and made available on the Web.  Authors of accepted
papers will present their work in 15-minute or 25-minute talks at the
workshop.  Accepted technical papers with significant research
contributions are also eligible for journal publication, as in
previous years.  For the 2001 workshop, 9 of 21 accepted technical
papers were published in Elsevier's Computer Communications.  We
plan a similar arrangement for the 2002 workshop.

Please submit technical papers and synopses in PDF format through
the submission form on the conference Website.

Proposals for Panels

WCW panels bring together researchers from industry and academia.
These panels are an important element of WCW.  Please send panel
proposals in plain text by e-mail to the Program Chair
([email-masked]).

Important Dates
---------------
  2002/04/29: Nominal deadline for submissions
  2002/05/06: Extended deadline: submissions due at 0900 EST
  2002/06/24: Acceptance notification
  2002/07/30: Camera-ready papers due