Subject: RE: [XCON] Stop the Start Time

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:24:42 +0300

Cullen,

"Need to be able to specify if mixing happens before a participant with some
specialized role joins and if
it continues after all the participants with some specialized role leave.
This is to support conference where mixing does not happen when the owner of
the conference is not present."

These are not time requirement, they apply to conference in general. A
similar requirement is to be able to specify if the conference can be
extended (manually or automatic)

Roni

*************************************
Roni Even
VP Product Planning
Polycom Israel

Tel: +972-3-9251200
Cell: +972-55-481099
email:[email-masked]
*******************************************

-----Original Message-----
From: Cullen Jennings [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 7:51 PM
To: Cullen Jennings; XCON-IETF
Subject: [XCON] Stop the Start Time

Requirements related to time and conferences.

Need to be able to specify what time the dial begins. Need to be able to
specify time that media mixing will not happen before and also time that
mixing will not continue after. These times are optional. All times are in
GMT and there is no need for time zones. Need to be able to specify if
mixing happens before a participant with some specialized role joins and if
it continues after all the participants with some specialized role leave.
This is to support conference where mixing does not happen when the owner of
the conference is not present. A resolution of 1 second is adequate for all
these times. 

A a side note, I feel that start and stop time are a confusing term to use
for any of the times above. It might be a good idea to specify a single
"conference time" in absolute terms then specify the rest of the times as
deltas from that. 

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 11:26:41 -0700

Hmm, well I don't know if I get the difference between time requirements and
general requirements but I don't know if it is important as long as we agree
on what the requirements are.

If the conference can be automatically extended, then the "must not mix
after time" is infinite. If the the conference is manually extended, then it
is just that the "must not mix after time" has been modified and the policy
of who is allowed to change this conference parameter is the same policy
problem of who is allowed to change anything else in CPCP.

Cullen