Subject: [XCON] CPCP issue 14: Key Participants

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 18:43:33 +0300

I was agreed in the last IETF meeting that we need the concept of key participants in a conference policy. One of the reasons is that a conference focus would not start mixing media unless one key participant joins.

The open issue here is how to represent the key participants in the XML document. There are 3 options.

1. In the ACL or DL, we introduce an attribute named 'role' with values "key-participant", "participant". The attribute would be optional and has default value of "participant" if not present.

2. In the ACL or DL, we introduce a Boolean attribute name 'key-participant'.

3. Have a separate list. This disadvantage here is that whenever a new key participant is added to the conference, 2 changes are needed to the conference policy in 2 different places. This might be possible with one XCAP PUT, if the proposed addition is made to XCAP.

Comments?

Hisham

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: "Jani, Manish" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:01:48 -0700

Consider a meeting(Analyst Conference, Company meeting) in which some
people have speaking capability(speaker) and others have only listening
capabilities. In order to accommodate this, Role can be extended to
include "speaker" and "listener".

Manish

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 8:44 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [XCON] CPCP issue 14: Key Participants

I was agreed in the last IETF meeting that we need the concept of key
participants in a conference policy. One of the reasons is that a
conference focus would not start mixing media unless one key participant
joins.

The open issue here is how to represent the key participants in the XML
document. There are 3 options.

1. In the ACL or DL, we introduce an attribute named 'role' with values
"key-participant", "participant". The attribute would be optional and
has default value of "participant" if not present.

2. In the ACL or DL, we introduce a Boolean attribute name
'key-participant'.

3. Have a separate list. This disadvantage here is that whenever a new
key participant is added to the conference, 2 changes are needed to the
conference policy in 2 different places. This might be possible with one
XCAP PUT, if the proposed addition is made to XCAP.

Comments?

Hisham

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 12:44:02 +0300

Manish,

What you are talking about is floor control (see XCON WG floor control documents).
The purpose of key participant role is different.

Petri

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of ext
> Jani, Manish
> Sent: 20 May, 2004 23:02
> To: Khartabil Hisham (Nokia-TP-MSW/Helsinki); [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [XCON] CPCP issue 14: Key Participants
> 
>