Subject: [XCON] BFCP

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 11:33:47 +0100

Guys,

            I'd like to start by saying I like this approach.  I do have
the similar concerns regarding the clarity of components such as user-ID
+ floor-ID are obtained from framework BUT this has already been raised.

Could you clear up some confusion regarding chair operations.  Section
9.2 reads:

'The client MUST set the Request ID value of the REQUEST-ID TLV to a

   random number. The Request ID value is used by the chair to match

   this ChairAction message with the responses received from the floor

   control server'.

Yet later on in this section reads:

The chair MUST identify the floor the instructions in the message

   apply to using a FLOOR-ID TLV. Additionally, the chair MUST identify

   the floor request the instructions in the message apply to using a

   REQUEST-ID and a USER-ID TLVs.

Maybe I'm getting confused, but I see this as conflicting.  I don't see
how the chair request is correlated with floor request?

Regards,

Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Boulton
Ubiquity Software

Tel : +44 (0) 1633765600
Fax : +44 (0) 1633765601 
------------------------------------------------

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - www.mailcontrol.com