Subject: [XCON] Floor control requirements: WGLC summary

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 12:19:55 +0300

The WG Last Call for floor control requirements document 
( http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-floor-control-req-00.txt )
has passed. Here is the list of main issues raised during the LC.
If you feel something important is missing please comment asap.

Security/Privacy issues
This needs further clarification in the document. Our 
proposal is to adopt general protocol requirements from CPCP-reqs 
section 6.9 (with only minor modifications).
Additional privacy related requirement is also needed, as follows:
REQ-X: It MUST be possible for a floor claimer to request 
privacy both for the identity of floor claimer
and floor holding. Note: The moderator still learns the 
identity unless user has joined anonymously.

One issue to be solved is who can see the floor chair 
identitity (e.g. whether it is hidden, known by some subset of 
users or by all users). Our proposed solution is that
when floor is created (via CPCP etc) the creator defines 
floor chair identity as hidden/public.

There were also a lot of editorial comments, such as 
regrouping requirements, moving CPCP-related requirements to 
separate section etc.  Next version (to be submitted shortly)
will cover these changes.

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon