Subject: [XCON] CPCP issue 9: Separate XML manipulation text from XCAP text

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 18:41:49 +0300

Currently, the draft separates XML schema from XCAP. There was a suggestion that the XCAP section needs to be reduced again to a very small section just defining the required sections for an XCAP usage document. A separate section can then be introduced discussing how certain scenarios can be achieved (eg: adding a user to the conference) and what conference policy XML document manipulations are needed for such scenarios. This section also discusses how a focus reacts when a policy change was made.

If there are no objections, I will make that change.

Regards,
Hisham

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 08:30:13 -0500

At 06:41 PM 5/20/2004 +0300, [email-masked] wrote:
>Currently, the draft separates XML schema from XCAP. There was a 
>suggestion that the XCAP section needs to be reduced again to a very small 
>section just defining the required sections for an XCAP usage document. A 
>separate section can then be introduced discussing how certain scenarios 
>can be achieved (eg: adding a user to the conference) and what conference 
>policy XML document manipulations are needed for such scenarios. This 
>section also discusses how a focus reacts when a policy change was made.

I don't understand this separation.

As you know, I am in favor of splitting the draft into two parts - one for 
the XML schema, the other for the XCAP manipulation of the schema.   I 
think this split is logical.

Thanks,
Alan Johnston
MCI
sip:[email-masked]

(not as chair)